• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tube DI box with modeler?

cardinal

I searched around and didn't see anything.

Anyone using one of these fancier tube DI boxes either before or after a modeler? Something like the A Designs REDDI or the Jule Monique?

I have a Jule Monique and tried it between an AFXIII and my power amp. Even with the DI set "flat" there were definitely a host of changes to the tone. Not sure if I'd call it good or bad. Could only play so far at very low volumes.

Curious if any of you have tinkered with such things.

Ilsenhab

I was thinking the same thing (to 'warm up' the modeler?), and also with a more affordable unit like the A.R.T tube DI.

AndrewSimon

I have a Universal Audio SOLO / 610 DI loaded with NOS Mullards, definitely warms thing up but ever since I got a Kemper I don't use it for guitars, it's still a killer on bass and mics.

kyolic

Back in the days of POD Bean they were a thing but with modelers of today, they are totally redundant. Actually they will make everything worse.

Trending Topics