Tube Driver: wow,amazing!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by pold, Oct 19, 2008.

1. pold

pold Member

it arrived today, it's worth every single penny! I use it with an Eric Johnson strat and a JVM 410 (wich doesn't need any distortion pedal) and it works brilliantly, it simply improves your tone, it's not just about distortion. You can get Hendrix, Eric Johnson and Malmsteen out of this pedal. Together with a Mojo Vibe and a Dunlop JH-F1 they make the "holy trinity" in my pedal board. Couldn't ask for something better. This Tube Driver improves with time of course, and it would be wasted if you use it with a standard Stratocaster. One of the tone I have been always looking for it was the song from Michael Katon "Luv a dog"
    http://www.sweetsound.com/Audio/MKaton/MichaelKatonLuvADog.mp3
    Now I can get this and other tones, I just can't believe how important is every sing part of your gear. Playing your guitar without this pedal is like playing a violin without strings...:)

2. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

you bet! mine arrived yesterday and I absolutely love it. Nothing quite sustains the same way this pedal does. Very nice sounding attack.

3. geetarman

geetarman Member

Wait til you try some other tubes in it. :AOK

4. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Is this the new Tube Driver that you are talking about, or one of the older versions?
    -bk

5. pold

pold Member

The new one, I got the one with the bias knob, very useful in my opinion. I can't stop playing it, it's so addictive!

6. DamageInc.

DamageInc. Active Member

I totally agree. mr Butler makes it very clear these new units are the original spec TD that everyone is going nuts for. These are way more superior then the chandler units and combine that with the bias knob and you have the best distortion out there. This is NOT a marshall in abox. Superior tone and beautiful fuzziness ... Got mine 2 weeks ago and im in love:bow

7. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

Great playing on the tune by the way.

8. Joe Boy

Joe Boy Member

Hows she hold up with humbuckers?

9. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

I received mine about two weeks ago and am loving it. I opened mine up and it is all neat and tidy, the whole package is worthy of the hype and price, a total pro piece of gear. I love the way the knobs move.
    I would love to try some other tubes, mine appears to have a clear substance around the base of the tube (perhaps locking it in?) Has anyone else seen this on a new one?

10. pold

pold Member

Yes, great playing and great tone. He is using a Mojo Vibe and a Tube driver. What about fuzz in the clip? Do you think he was using a fuzzface or a fuzz/octave like the Fulltone Ultimate Octave? Please tell me what you think, the sound is really fuzzy so I am sure he is using some sort of fuzz pedal.

11. goodhonk

goodhonk Member

12. Spudman

Spudman Member

Who makes this Tube Driver?

13. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

BK Butler does them all by hand. He's only making 6 a week or something like that. They are a limited run and when they are discontinued, they will fetch unreasonable amounts of money for sure.

14. leumasjames

leumasjames Member

I will agree. BK's Tube Driver is amazing. I haven't tried any other tubes in mine yet...I try to restrain myself from tweaking too much. I don't get any actual playing done otherwise!