Tube o rama grab bag ....

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11

:eeks ... it was only a measly $5 at a flea market yesterday.

Looks like mainly radio tubes, but I wonder what is lurking at the bottom? :confused: I love this kind of stuff!

Free is better, anyone have any good tube stories?

It's worth $5 just for the fun of sorting through and finding what you've got!

More often than not a guitarist has already picked through and got the 12AX7s etc. but sometimes they leave behind the 12AT7s 12AY7s etc. etc.

Have fun!

Jeff Gehring

Gold Supporting Member
I like that kind of stuff too, but it is one SURE way to be reminded that the great majority of the tubes that were produced are of no interest to guitarists. Now, if you're an old radio or TV nut, you've got a fighting chance... Hard to go wrong for a fiver though.

bob-i

Cool find. I was given a box like that when a friend found one in the basement of a house he bought. I found some nice RCA 12AX7s and 12AT7s, some rectifiers and a coke bottle 6V6 I gave to a friend for his champ. I took the radio tubes and put them on eBay with no reserve and made about $100.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
Yeah, it turns out there were quite a few 12AV7s 12AT7s, tons of 12AU7s, one big old honkin 6L6, a bunch of 12SN7, 6SN7, 6SL7 and other funky tubes that I don't have a clue about :huh Lot of tube were marked with numbers ... old radio stuff 24, 27, 47 and stuff like that.

Yeah, it was worth $5 just for the excitement of plowing through to see what was there. :)

lang.murphy

Yeah, it turns out there were quite a few 12AV7s 12AT7s, tons of 12AU7s, one big old honkin 6L6, a bunch of 12SN7, 6SN7, 6SL7 and other funky tubes that I don't have a clue about :huh Lot of tube were marked with numbers ... old radio stuff 24, 27, 47 and stuff like that.

Yeah, it was worth $5 just for the excitement of plowing through to see what was there. :)
If you want to lighten your load of that "tons of 12AU7's," you've got an interested party right here. Let me know if you would like me to PM you on this.

Trending Topics