tube rectifier addon kit

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Ace_F4i, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Ace_F4i

Ace_F4i Member

Torres engineering offers an addon rectifier kit that they claim is a big improvement to the 5150. Any thoughts? from what i understand it will increase the sustain and compression but i'm extremely worried about the tracking/attack getting worse on the lead channel and losing headroom on the clean/crunch channel. anybody have any experience or thoughts?

2. Ace_F4i

Ace_F4i Member

please PM me if you have any experience modding 5150s because there's a few other things i'd like to try to make this beast more usable.

3. eugenedunn

eugenedunn Member

Yes, you will lose definition and headroom...... but that being said, some people like that overall feel and tone of a tube recto....

But the 5150 is a modern high gain amp..... I think you need to keep the solid state rectification for clarity's sake. Besides, I've had some BAAAADDD experiences with T.E.

4. Ace_F4i

Ace_F4i Member

really.. i didn't expect that from them. elaborate possibly? i did kinda smell something fishy by their reviews of some of their products.

5. eugenedunn

eugenedunn Member

You can PM me and I will come clean...... but suffice to say I won't recommend them AT ALL.