Tube Screamer copy with a boost switch?

duaneallen

Silver Supporting Member
OK, so my favorite overdrive is a tube screamer. I would love to have one that also has a built in boost switch. Even better if the boost could be used by itself. Does anyone make a TS clone with this function? Thanks.

loosegroove

There are many that are TS-based and have a boost switch, not as many have an independent boost. The BYOC overdrive falls in the latter category as does the HBE Paradrive.

modestcargo

Look into the BYOC Overdrive 2.

One of the best things about that one is you can hit both switches easily with the one foot.

jrjones

Silver Supporting Member
The Fulldrive II is exactly what you speak of. Tubescreamer style OD with a boost.

Norlo

HBE Para Drive. BOOST > OD. Its a nice pedal the boost doesn't really goose an amp as much as I would like but it fattens up the pedal. I actually use the OD side as a boost, it has more of a range than the boost side, and the BOOST side to fatten a clean sound up a bit.

Its also has a 3-way toggle that messes with the EQ and stuff.

I like it for what i use it for but I did not really care for the sound with the gain up.

Nick

modestcargo

If your favorite OD pedal is a tube screamer I don't think you and the Box of Rock are going to get along.

Coldacre

the BYOC Overdrive 2 is best TS808 I've ever played, it's tonally bang on with a real TS808. the Boost side excellent, as Transparent as any boost I've used. quality unit

I second the HBE power-screamer, killer pedal.
If you go for low-gain TS-like tone with an independent boost, I would advocate the T-Rex Möller. Moreover, it's got a clean-clipping for adjusting the dry/wet signal in the mix. JAM pedals makes some killing TS clone with indepedent boost.
Hope that helps...

rdmdfish

Not quite a TS9 but you might check out the diamond J-drive. Warmth knob for some nice tonal options and the independent boost sounds really great.

jpagey

Silver Supporting Member
ZIM might be the ticket...I haven't payed the ts style cards, but BB is an independent boost- and you can place it before or after the low gain od style card

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
AnalogMan Maxon OD-9 with Bad bob Boost is exactly what you are asking for.

From analogman.com

"In late 2008 we released the Maxon OD9/808 with an added Bad Bob circuit inside. It's two pedals in one box, the Bad Bob has an added stomp switch on top and either or both can be used. There is a volume knob on the pedal for the booster volume, and a new LED indicator too. We can put the Bad Bob before the OD9 (adds more distortion to the OD9 when both are on) or after the OD9 (adds more volume to the OD9 when both are on). Either one can be used alone too.

The Bad Bob pedal is a booster based on the famous and much copied mini-booster "JFET mu-amp" design of Jack Orman (check out his site to learn more). This design was also used as the basis for most other boutique boost pedals."

od9booster.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom