1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Tube Screamer style into Non-Fender amp?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cloudnine, May 11, 2008.

1. cloudnine

cloudnine Member

Who is using a TS variant into a non-Fender amp (or with a non-Fender guitar) and loving it? Wondering which amps/guitars are most Tube Screamer friendly besides Fender and Fender copies.

2. Laxrappa11

Laxrappa11 Member

i used an ibanez artcore > TS9> aphex punch factory comp > blues jr. and it was quite possibly the warmest, fattest tone ive ever played through. i personally love the sound of humbuckers into a TS type pedal

3. Rocked Star

Rocked Star Member

I run a Strat (some with buckers at the bridge) into a Marshall at times with a TS. I think it sounds great. I also tried it through a Bad Cat Cub (the one with reverb) and liked it a lot as well.

4. RockDC

RockDC Member

A few scenarios I like:

1) Any of my guitars -> BYOC OD -> Dr. Maz Jr. (love the tone)

2) Tele -> BYOC OD -> Marshall JMP (great sound that rivals the Maz in classic rock)

3) Any guitar in Sig -> BYOC Mouse -> BYOC OD (as a boost) -> any amp in Sig. (the sustain!!!)

5. GenoBluzGtr

GenoBluzGtr Silver Supporting Member

I am using a Barber Direct Drive (until recently) and a Fuchs Extreme Cream (for couple of weeks now) into a Sommatone Roaring 40 Combo (four EL84s).

I use Strats with 'Buckers in the bridge and/or a 335 clone with 57 Classics. Couldn't be happier. Nice smooth overdrive but when I play chords, I still hear every string.

6. Flying Panda

Flying Panda Member

I gotta say I love my burst E into my AC15 with a Blue.
    :bow

7. jpv0209

jpv0209 Member

ts9dx into a vox ac30..........sounds amazing