Tube Screamer style into Non-Fender amp?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cloudnine, May 11, 2008.

1. cloudnine

cloudnine Member

Who is using a TS variant into a non-Fender amp (or with a non-Fender guitar) and loving it? Wondering which amps/guitars are most Tube Screamer friendly besides Fender and Fender copies.

2. Laxrappa11

Laxrappa11 Member

i used an ibanez artcore > TS9> aphex punch factory comp > blues jr. and it was quite possibly the warmest, fattest tone ive ever played through. i personally love the sound of humbuckers into a TS type pedal

3. Rocked Star

Rocked Star Member

I run a Strat (some with buckers at the bridge) into a Marshall at times with a TS. I think it sounds great. I also tried it through a Bad Cat Cub (the one with reverb) and liked it a lot as well.

4. RockDC

RockDC Member

A few scenarios I like:

1) Any of my guitars -> BYOC OD -> Dr. Maz Jr. (love the tone)

2) Tele -> BYOC OD -> Marshall JMP (great sound that rivals the Maz in classic rock)

3) Any guitar in Sig -> BYOC Mouse -> BYOC OD (as a boost) -> any amp in Sig. (the sustain!!!)

5. GenoBluzGtr

GenoBluzGtr Supporting Member

I am using a Barber Direct Drive (until recently) and a Fuchs Extreme Cream (for couple of weeks now) into a Sommatone Roaring 40 Combo (four EL84s).

I use Strats with 'Buckers in the bridge and/or a 335 clone with 57 Classics. Couldn't be happier. Nice smooth overdrive but when I play chords, I still hear every string.

6. Flying Panda

Flying Panda Member

I gotta say I love my burst E into my AC15 with a Blue.
    :bow

7. jpv0209

jpv0209 Member

ts9dx into a vox ac30..........sounds amazing