1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tubes and Summer Heat

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by jamison162, May 24, 2011.

1. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Well, I found my missing quad of TAD 6V6's that I've been missing for a few weeks now. I totally forgot that I put them in the glove box of my 4Runner when heading out of town to play a festival back on April 15th. They've been in there ever since. It's just starting to heat up in FLorida....I don't guess they've suffered any damage left inside a hot vehicle all day...no more than being lit up with 400 volts huh??? I'll try them out soon. Just thought I'de ask...silly me.

2. TweeDLX

TweeDLX Member

I would imagine a tube can take the heat. :)

3. Timbre Wolf

Timbre Wolf GoldMember Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Tubes can take more heat than the plastics in a SUV. So if your 4Runner isn't running down the drain, they're still okay.

- Thom

4. Brazen

Brazen Member

LOL nice.

5. Blues Power

Blues Power Member

youll be fine, they can take a licken and keep on ticken

most folks dont realize that back in they day tubes were used in some of the harshest enviornments
    such as all of WWI and WWII air craft, navy ships, subs, navagation equiptment,
    communication gear and the like. theyre pretty rugged devices. but just dont drop them on a cement floor or let your dog or cat slap them around the house.

6. jamison162

jamison162 Member

True, true. Keyword here is "back in the day".