Tune I put together in 2 days on my '65 Fender Jaguar

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by olbean, Apr 1, 2015.

1. olbean

olbean Member

Hey guys

I'd really appreciate if you could give this track a listen. There's loads of inspiration from different artists, including: Graham Coxon, Nirvana, The Smiths, Dot Hacker, Tame Impala, Peace... I could go on.

Anyway, I've recently moved into a new flat, I kitted my living room out all nice and had a play around with the amp sims in Logic with my 1965 Fender Jaguar. I sequenced some drums, laid down some bass, and this song was born.

Best enjoyed loud through headphones :)

http://www.soundcloud.com/OllyVert/electric-honey

2. cheapgtrs

cheapgtrs Supporting Member

I dig it. Some cool sounds there. Good job.

3. famous beagle

famous beagle Member

Sounds really nice. Cool tones! What did you use for the guitar tones?

4. olbean

olbean Member

Cheers guys. All the guitars were done with my '65 Jag straight into my MacBook. Rhythm guitars were an AC30 sim panned left, a Twin Reverb sim panned right, the distorted guitar was the same but through two cascaded Rat pedal sims in front of the amps (in Logic, called Grit). The intricate parts were mostly Fender simulations (I think they sound the best out of the digitally emulated amps). The solo was doubled, Marshall plexi sim on the left & Orange AD30 sim on the right, both going through a Tonebender sim.

A lot of the chorusing is actually just because I double/triple/quadruple tracked some parts to make them super wide. :)