Tune-o-matic/ Adjustomatic bridge...which one?

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
I have an older archtop that needs a little TLC. It has what looks to be a Tune-O-Matic style bridge on a rosewood base, and the a couple of saddles have a little north/south wiggle room that I notice when hit a few of the strings. How do I determine what type of Tune-O-Matic it is if I wanted to replace it?

1radicalron

Get a Tonepros. It has inside set screw that will attach to the posts. Keeping it locked in place, even when you change strings.

Mark Kane

Platinum Supporting Member
That probably is a Gotoh. You can get a replacement from StewMac that won't break the bank. For a nice quality piece you could go Faber as well for not a whole lot.

Reactions: KSL

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
So, dumb question- some of these have smaller post holes and some are wider/larger. Are their different sizes of "smaller" holes or are they fairly standard?

lespaultazz

I got my new Gotha Bridge and tail piece today my friend is doing it along with new strings
My LP should be better i paid 24 dollars for my brigde and the fabrer was 63 dolllar
So i got the tail piece and bridge for 60 from atew mac

Larger poles are metric epipehone
Small poles gibson hope this helps

Last edited:

jjcolas

Silver Supporting Member
That's based on the ABR-1 Tune-o-matic which uses 6-32 posts so most true ABR style bridges will with.

Nashville Tune-O-Matic bridges have the most amount of variation in be post size.

The main base difference when telling them apart is that ABR's have a solid underside while the Nashvile TOM has an open underside.

Trending Topics