Tuner after Fuzz as a buffer?

Hey y'all. I'm learning I need to buffer my board. And the advice I'm getting is to "sandwhich" my pedals with buffers at the beginning and end of the chain. I've already got a buffer at the end of my chain. So it's the beginning that I need. If I use a buffered bypass tuner after my fuzz, Will that do the trick? Let me know if you've used it before or what kind of tuner works for you.

tzunany

How many pedals do you have on your board?. Maybe you don't need two buffers. On the other side, tuner after fuzz is the way to go if the tuner is buffered.

johnnyg88

Hey y'all. I'm learning I need to buffer my board. And the advice I'm getting is to "sandwhich" my pedals with buffers at the beginning and end of the chain. I've already got a buffer at the end of my chain. So it's the beginning that I need. If I use a buffered bypass tuner after my fuzz, Will that do the trick? Let me know if you've used it before or what kind of tuner works for you.
the TC PolyTune 3 and the Boss Waza tuner both have good buffers!

You don't need two buffers. And the one you've got at the end is only necessary if you've got a long cable from the board to the amp.

How many TB pedals are you running?
I've got 8 tb pedals. And it's a 6 foot cable from board to the amp. Can shortening the board to amp cable help?

HBob

I got the Ernie Ball volume pedal/tuner and run it after fuzz and engage the buffered loop with a little jumper cable. Sounds great and I can roll back the volume of my guitar-rolled-back-into-fuzz-face sound. I need to get good cables going from effects loop to the amp and back. I think I have good ten foot cables but can go a lot shorter.

Trending Topics