Tuner/Other Pedals for Upright Bass?

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by U65_RN, Jan 22, 2018.

1. U65_RN

U65_RN Member

I'm going to be getting an upright bass. I'm assuming that there is no good place to attach a Snark tuner. Can someone recommend a tuner?

Also, anyone using any other pedals with upright? Preamp? EQ? Reverb, etc?

Thank you!

2. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Member

I know a lot of people that will clip the Snark onto the bridge and tune that way. Otherwise, any pedal tuner will work just fine.

An EQ pedal of some sort is almost a requirement when using an upright in a group, to help control the feedback that you're going to be dealing with (depending on the volume level of the group).

U65_RN likes this.
  3. RomanS

RomanS Member

Snark tuner can be clipped to the bridge; but personally, I'd prefer a pedal tuner, so you can mute the signal while tuning.
    Upright bass doesn't need any effects. Some pickups come with preamps that have EQ. If you're using an amp, that will have EQ. If you're going directly into the mixing board/PA, and your pickup system doesn't already have a preamp, you might consider getting a (bass-specific) preamp pedal.

U65_RN likes this.
  4. U65_RN

U65_RN Member

Thank you!

5. U65_RN

U65_RN Member

Thank you!