• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Tuner/Other Pedals for Upright Bass?

U65_RN

I'm going to be getting an upright bass. I'm assuming that there is no good place to attach a Snark tuner. Can someone recommend a tuner?

Also, anyone using any other pedals with upright? Preamp? EQ? Reverb, etc?

Thank you!

Jon Moody

I know a lot of people that will clip the Snark onto the bridge and tune that way. Otherwise, any pedal tuner will work just fine.

An EQ pedal of some sort is almost a requirement when using an upright in a group, to help control the feedback that you're going to be dealing with (depending on the volume level of the group).

RomanS

Snark tuner can be clipped to the bridge; but personally, I'd prefer a pedal tuner, so you can mute the signal while tuning.
Upright bass doesn't need any effects. Some pickups come with preamps that have EQ. If you're using an amp, that will have EQ. If you're going directly into the mixing board/PA, and your pickup system doesn't already have a preamp, you might consider getting a (bass-specific) preamp pedal.

U65_RN

I know a lot of people that will clip the Snark onto the bridge and tune that way. Otherwise, any pedal tuner will work just fine.

An EQ pedal of some sort is almost a requirement when using an upright in a group, to help control the feedback that you're going to be dealing with (depending on the volume level of the group).
Thank you!

U65_RN

Snark tuner can be clipped to the bridge; but personally, I'd prefer a pedal tuner, so you can mute the signal while tuning.
Upright bass doesn't need any effects. Some pickups come with preamps that have EQ. If you're using an amp, that will have EQ. If you're going directly into the mixing board/PA, and your pickup system doesn't already have a preamp, you might consider getting a (bass-specific) preamp pedal.
Thank you!

Trending Topics