FS Tungsten Cortez

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs Emporium' started by briankp7, Jul 10, 2019.

1. briankp7

briankp7 Supporting Member

Tungsten Cortez in mint condition! Will probably regret selling this one but we all know how that goes! One of the best Tweed Deluxe tones I’ve played (including real 50s tweeds)

It’s in mint condition,
    Only played in my smoke free home!

$1250 shipped and paypalled

https://reverb.com/item/18053068-tungsten-cortez-tweed

Any questions feel free to let me know!

2. Miroslav L

Miroslav L Member

I have the same amp, got it back in '08 if I recall...although I had Adam do some personalization tweaks for me a couple of times since...and in the last round, he also decided to upgrade it almost to the full "Crema Wheat" specs...bigger transformers and a couple of other things, so now it has more headroom and kicks a bit more, but I told him to not take out any of the Cortez sound from the amp, because I love that flavor, and the amp still has that glorious breakup...though now it's like on steroids.
    Now I call mine the "Cream Cortez". :D

I've turned over several amps in the last 10 years...but the Cortez has always remained. :)

GLWTS!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    briankp7 likes this.
  3. briankp7

Thanks!! I have a feeling I’m going to regret selling it! But I have a 6 month old baby so my electrics and amps aren’t getting the attention they deserve! And I hate to see good gear sit around unused!!

ipm likes this.
  4. hank57

hank57 Silver Supporting Member

Gotta keep playing loud so the kid is used to it. I did and now my fifteen year old only asks me to turn down when I’m louder than the TV.

briankp7 likes this.
  5. briankp7

Lol!! Honestly my little guy seems to be much less bothered by it than my wife! She’s terrified of anything waking him up!

6. hank57

hank57 Silver Supporting Member

We had friends that were controlled by the perception their kids schedule could not be interrupted. We did not see them much for several years!

briankp7 likes this.