• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tungsten Crema Wheat vs Tone King Imperial?

JimEff

Anyone ever have both or ever A/B them? I know the TK is dual channel, and a bit pricier, but they both have that "Tweed on Steroids" thing going on...

remocity

Silver Supporting Member
NOTHING alike.
The Imperial is really a blackface amp and it does have a lead channel that's supposedly tweed based but will never sound anything like a real tweed which the Crema can do somewhat convincingly.
I've owned both.

bluetweed

Silver Supporting Member
Imperial is very bright and nothing like a tweed/ its also PCB built verses old school 50's tweed Deluxe type of build that will last for 60 years plus, no problem

Had both as well, nothing alike/ Tungsten is really the one to go for

Artifact

Silver Supporting Member
Imperial is very bright and nothing like a tweed/ its also PCB built verses old school 50's tweed Deluxe type of build that will last for 60 years plus, no problem

Had both as well, nothing alike/ Tungsten is really the one to go for
+1!

JimEff

Imperial perhaps a more versatile gigging amp due to the dual channels?
Btw, ideally I'm shooting for guitar-cord-amp

trickness

Analog with a side of DSP
I have a Tungsten Cortez and it sounds so musical and raw compared to the Tone Kings. Sometimes i wonder if the people who say TKs can do tweed have actually ever really played thru a tweed amp. To me the TK tweed channel sounds more like a modeled tweed than an actual tweed, and not just on dirty stuff, moreso the clean.

Trending Topics