• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Tuning down to Eb.....the negative side!

Heinz57Pep

I've been using the Digitech drop for this.
+1. The Digitech or a Morpheus Droptune are essential tools for a cover band player these days, I would think. I bought a Morpheus because I recently started jamming with an original band that tunes down the Drop C. Wasn't too keen on needing to set up a guitar or two strictly for that tuning, in addition to the possibility of needing to get new nuts cut and whatnot.

2HBStrat

Tune down to learn it. It isn't too big a big deal unless your guitar has a Floyd.......it's a little bit of a pain but it's just part of earning the dough.
I face this a lot ... Just tune and retune. No biggie for me.
It's really that hard to tune down a 1/2 step? I mean, give me a break. :rotflmao
Tuning down a half step is a pain? How ever do you make it through the day?
Yeah, I can do it, and will....no problem for one song. I was just stating the case for the problems of a whole band tuning down all the time. Maybe I wasn't clear in the op......

The Tascam Guitar Trainer I mentioned uses a CD. You can burn all the songs you have to learn on a CD and change pitch and tempo as need be.

I bet, without knowing, these can be found dirt cheap used.
That's a good idea! Thanks!

wind up the phonograph and move the needle ehhh?
Oh, yeah, I did that plenty in my younger years. There was no other option!

Man you're really missing out.

Freeware called audacity

You can set loop points, change tempo w/o pitch, change pitch, select a start stop point where you want, etc
Another good idea! Thanks!

Probos

Get this:

I have one -- It is awesome. You never have to take your guitar out of standard tuning. It's the perfect pedal to have to cover any dropped tuning -- from Eb to dropped A

I can go from standard E tunes to AIC, to QOTSA, to The Sword with one turn and a stomp.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom