Turn your phone into a Microscope - cool hack

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Ampedusa, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Ampedusa

Ampedusa Member

Saw this in the new issue of Make magazine ( which is a great mag if you've never read it, same issue shows how to make a carbon fiber guitar ). You take the lens out of a laser pointer ( 2 for $5 at Walgreens if you don't have one you want to destroy) , hold it with a bobby pin and tape it to the phone over the lens. You can use 2 for higher magnification and the instructions in the mag shows you how to make a adjustable table for better results but for quick,easy pics just tape it to the phone and go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. paulbearer

paulbearer Supporting Member

awesome... maybe now the NIH can reopen some of their over budget studies and we can find some cures.

3. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

Nice hack. I've read a similar one that you can do with a drop of water to achieve some form of macro lens capability.

One of the best phone accessories I've ever come across is the Ollo Clip lens for the iPhone - 3 in 1 (and now their 4 in 1) lens kit gives your humble iPhone macro, fisheye capability etc.

Gave one to my wife a few years back and it was one of the best presents ever - she loves taking shots with it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]