TUTORIAL? Replace the tolex on a Blues Jr.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by taylorman22, Feb 25, 2012.

1. taylorman22

taylorman22 Member

Does anyone how a tutorial on how to replace the tolex on a Blues Jr? I have a black tolex and I'd like to either change it to tweed or a two-tone brown tolex. I'm just curious if anyone has a tutorial specifically for the Blues Jr. Also, where do you recommend buying the tolex and adhesive?

2. ledzep618

ledzep618 Supporting Member

http://jam4jmessageboard.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=2378719

Doesn't really matter if the tutorial is for a blues junior, it's all the same. You pretty much just need to remove the chassis from the cabinet and remove the speaker. Once you have the empty cabinet, follow the above steps. It is really actually quite easy, I've redone several cabs for myself and friends. I like mojotones for supplies (local for me, score!). For a blues Junior you shouldn't need more than a yard of tolex, but maybe get two to be safe. Tolex, grill cloth, and piping if you wish are all you'll need from mojotones. Then you'll need a staple gun and some DAP Non-solvent Contact Cement, comes in a green can from the glue aisle of home depot. If you want the lacquered tweed look, you'll need to put clear coat over the cab when you're done, I'm sure you can find a tutorial for that too.