Tuttle clip!

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by jmcerlain, May 14, 2008.

1. jmcerlain

jmcerlain Member

Hey guys,

I just did a quick sound clip of my new Tuttle guitar for Michael's web site. Check it out!

www.bestfrets.com

The site is a pop up site so go to the audio clips section and there it is. It's my two tone S style with DiMarzio Area pickups through an AC30 with an MXR Carbon Copy delay. Please let me know what you think! I will be doing some more aggressive stuff soon, I had planned on it but the Vox blew up shortly after this clip. Maybe that's why it sounded so good.

I'll have some more clips soon featuring my other new Tuttle, yes, I have two now, with Michael's pickups made by my other friends DiMarzio. I love these pickups, single coil heaven, buzz and all...

2. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

Sounds great. It also sounds like you are the kind of player that could plug a guitar made out of a cigar box with one string sound good.
    :RoCkIn

3. stan p

stan p Member

Nice guitar! Those TV Jones pickups are really awesome... I really like how much can be accomplished by these and the tone control. The neck sounds like PAF when the tone is roled off!

4. Aardvark

Aardvark Silver Supporting Member

That's a beautiful clip. I just wish it were longer.

5. lannyhall

lannyhall Member

This is the first I've heard about Tuttle guitars. I really enjoyed the clips - very musical.

6. jmcerlain

jmcerlain Member

Thanks guys,

I really love the guitar. As for the clip being longer it is similar to a tune of mine called "Highlands" that you can check out on my myspace, you can also download it for only 99 cents.

I am still trying to get that cigar box unitar together.

More clips coming soon.

7. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

Would be awesome if you could make a video clip of you playing the unitar while wearing a unitard!
    :rotflmao

8. jmcerlain

jmcerlain Member

9. crosse79

crosse79 Member

Nice playing. The guitars look nice - the ehadstock is a dash of difference from Don Grosh's guitars :)

10. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

Beautiful tones and playing Jeff!

I don't have one of Michael's guitars yet, but he did work on 3 of mine, including an SS refret of my Les Paul, and they all play and sound the best they ever have.

11. jmcerlain

jmcerlain Member

I'm Jeff! Thanks for the compliment I appreciate it. Micheal does really amazing work, the frets are fantastic, the whole guitar just feels great and worn in already. He is working on a Tele for me now. I am unloading gear to support my Tuttle habit!

12. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

Sorry Jeff - that's what I get for posting late at night when I'm wasted!

[​IMG]

13. emjee

emjee Member

I have to agree about your playing style. Your riffs bring out the tone of this axe extremely well. If that is indicative of the quality he puts into all of his guitars, then I can see why so many sing his praises.

MG

14. jmcerlain

jmcerlain Member

Thanks MG! It is a real joy to play this guitar, I am playing guitar a lot more lately and I have had the guitar for 2 months and I still love it.

15. matte

matte Senior Member

i love your playing on that clip. subtle vibrato, beautiful dynamics. thanks for posting.

how does the tuttle compare to your grosh?

16. Wagster

Wagster Member

Great sounding guitar.Is that a newer AC30?Your playing sounds great!

17. jmcerlain

jmcerlain Member

Thanks Matte! As for your question:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=393531

It's on the emporium. I really love that Grosh but the Tuttle just fits me better if you know what I mean. Spec wise they are very similar, but when I picked it up I immediately knew it was my main guitar. I am selling the Grosh to fund a Tuttle Tele. If I had the $ I'd keep it. And so it goes....

Wagster,

Thanks for the compliment as well. The Vox is an 80's reissue with greenbacks in it. It is at a studio I record at all the time and I love the way it sounds. I wish it had blues in it but it still sounds great.

18. Thor

Thor Member

Wow, great playing - really great use of dynamics - makes for a beautiful clip as well as a nice showcase for the guitar.

Look forward to hearing more.

Enjoy that beauty in the best of health,

Edward

19. jmcerlain

jmcerlain Member

Hey thanks Edward. It really is a great guitar as is my other Tuttle. I'll get some more clips going as soon as I can. I'm not setup to record amped guitars at home so I usually do them when I'm at a studio. I have a few things coming up and I set some more stuff on tape ( well, not actual tape, I'm showing my age...)
    Michael's guitars are really amazing, I couldn't be happier.