Tuttle Guitars & Best Frets Repairs

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by BuzBuzMusic, Jan 28, 2008.

1. BuzBuzMusic

BuzBuzMusic Member

In my job as a studio musician I don't have time for guitars that need "T.L.C.". A guitar could be from 1964 or 2004 if it slows down the session because it "needs work" I cant use it. Mike has been maintaining my guitars since 1998 because he IS THE BEST. In addition to keeping my vintage stuff in great shape I own seven Tuttle guitars and one bass (checkout some of the photos). Mike makes the best new guitars on the market today. Now matter what sound I need I reach for one of my Tuttle guitars first. Mike and I have worked together closely over the years and I have come to believe the best sounding guitars have the best setups and fret work. Mike can set up any guitar, now matter how quirky to sound and feel great!

Carl Rydlund
    Studio Musician
    Los Angeles CA

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Here are some pics of the frets on a Heritage H-535 I recently had Michael re-fret for me. This is the third guitar I've had him do a complete re-fret on as well as having his signature fret dress/set up on three others:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

Michael solved pretty much all of the problems I was having with various guitars. They are now all at the highest level of playability and tone.

When I think of all the time and money I wasted to find the right tech - oh well, lessons learned!

4. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

You are my new hero!:D

5. ford

ford Member

Man..... I wish I lived close enough to him to drive my guitars over! With all of the troubles I've had with guitars being damaged in shipping.......:mad:

Those frets look great.

rock

bford

6. gary howarth

gary howarth Member

I have a Lentz strat he did i would highly recommend his work

7. Stringmaster

Stringmaster Gold Supporting Member

I trusted Michael to refret and setup my vintage Guild archtop, based on recommendations on TGP. I'm glad I did! I've been reluctant to let anyone touch my "baby", for fear of the worse. I have to say she's never played so well in the 25 years I've owned her. He even made a shim to raise the bridge pickup, and installed some caps to save treble when rolling off the volume. I got an immediate good vibe from Michael, both as a stand up guy and a skilled craftsman. I'm excited to say the least. Thanks Michael! Dana
    [​IMG]

8. dougk

dougk Silver Supporting Member

[​IMG]

I think thats my favorite. I absolutely lipstick pickups.

9. jmcerlain

jmcerlain Supporting Member

I am absolutely blown away by my new Tuttle. It is without a doubt the finest guitar I own. So much so that I am having Michael build me another, a Tele this time. I haven't been this excited about a guitar in years.