Tweaker 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by blackie59, Feb 11, 2012.

1. blackie59

blackie59 Member

I've got a Marshall Class 5 combo that I use for bedroom playing and would like to maybe get an amp with an effects loop and a MV. I've seen lots of posts on the Egnater Tweaker series and would like to know if I'd be disappointed if I got rid of the Class 5 and picked up a Tweaker. I play mainly blues type stuff with a few dirt pedals and delay if that makes any difference. Not planning on gigging with the amp just kind of bored with Marshall to be honest about it.

2. TimH

TimH Member

The class5 is a one trick pony. It's fine. I own the tweaker and it's a great amp...I'd say more toneful than the class5 and certainly more flexible. I imagine it will take pedals better too....my OCD and FD2 sound great with it.

3. arothamel6360

arothamel6360 Member

I've bought and sold a few Tweakers and currently have another one on the way from a member here. They're great little amps and they really do a great job impersonating Marshall, Fender, and Vox tones. They aren't dead on, but they're very close and for the price you can't go wrong. It'll definitely be more versatile than the Class 5 and you likely won't get bored with it. I can't imagine it disappointing you.

4. bwires

bwires Member

I did just this very thing - sold a Class 5 and got a Tweaker 15 head + cab. Not at all sorry. The Tweaker is much more flexible and I found that it takes pedals much better than the C5. Plus, the Egnater 1x12 cab has a great sound compared to the C5 combo cabinet. Might be the fact that I moved from a 10" to a 12" speaker but I'm really liking the punch that is delivered and am VERY happy with the tone.

5. Koop

Koop Member

:agree
    I had a Class 5 also then bought the Tweaker 15 head and 112 cabinet. I gave the Class 5 to my brother in law. The Tweaker is a far more versatile amp and with the loop takes pedals better than the Class 5.

Having said that, I'm thinking about selling the Tweaker since I built a couple of Trinity kits and rarely use the Tweaker anymore.

6. IRG

IRG Member

I'm in a similar situation, just play at home (currently have a Vox AC15c1 and a Mustang III) and am looking at either the Tweaker head/cab or I still have a thing for the Orange TT head/cab as well. I know the Tweaker has more "tweaking" capabilities, but the Orange does something for me as well. Would only purchase the Orange used.

Go with the Tweaker or the Tiny Terror?

7. blackie59

blackie59 Member

Sold the class 5 on Craigslist. Got a Tweaker 15 head and cab. Bad tube in one slot, swapped, and working great. Like it a lot better than the class 5.