• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tweaker 40 Dead!

Edwood

Gold Supporting Member
Turned on my Tweaker 40 to Standby,Stayed on for about 3 Minutes, Then the standby light went out ,Now it's dead! The small fuse in the back Is fine. Any thoughts, Thank you, Eddie

Sirloin

Silver Supporting Member
;)Take it as a sign.

Could be any number of things that would be tough to determine without taking it to a qualified tech. I would say tubes first, but if it went dark that may or may not be your problem. Broken solder joint, dead mains transformer, etc.

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
My friend had issues with his tweaker 40, the mains fuse is located inside the plug socket its located just under the plug if that is blown replace it if it blows again you have a bad power transformer.... its a known issue with that amp and is a warranty repair.

Last edited:

Razor

Gold Supporting Member
I previously owned a Tweaker 40 and it had the same issue. It was under warranty, so I turned it in to an authorized service center for repair. It ended up being the transformer.

Edwood

Gold Supporting Member
Got it on Reverb,so I'm screwed. I'll take it to Billy Penn and let him put it Mercury Transformers. I guess they never upgraded there transformers even when they knew they had problems,Nice!

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
Got it on Reverb,so I'm screwed. I'll take it to Billy Penn and let him put it Mercury Transformers. I guess they never upgraded there transformers even when they knew they had problems,Nice!
they do have an upgraded transformer now but I would guess there are quite a few tweakers out there with that Issue, my friends amp has been fine since getting his transformer replaced.

CASD

you would think that this issue would've been solved years ago.. what is wrong with Egnator..they have a death wish ?
Solved I mean at the factory..before you even get the amps...

Last edited:

LPVM

It was a problem they had with the Tweaker 40 when they first came out. They corrected it on later amps. Unfortunately big box stores sold a lot of them so there are probably still some out there on the used market waiting to go Pfffftt! The Tweaker 15's never had the problem.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Does anyone know what the serial#s were on the early ones with transformer issues?
Could you all that had transformer issues chime in with the serial #s of your amps?

Trending Topics