• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Tweaker Head Needs 3rd Repair. Fix or buy a Boss Combo Amp? Micro Terror?

Eliellasdad

My Tweaker had been unused for over a year (I have a Yamaha Thr5). Figuring it will cost over $100 to fix the amp I was considering the New Boss Amps. Also trading in my Tweaker Cab and Carbom Copy Delay in the transaction (hoping for $150 in credit). I play only at home and I do not need a 15 watt amp. Not sure what to do.

the micro terror basically sounds like one of those battery powered practice amps. itd be a HUGE step down from the yamaha.
i think a blackstar, boss, or marshal code modeler would be a nice addition.

Eliellasdad

The Tweaker has (I believe) a blown transformer. I bought it used at Guitar Center (with no warranty). The first repair was just over $100.00 sometime later it blew again (another $100). I play in my house (and not very loud so it's not like I am abusing the amp). Sadly it is a great sounding amp (my Guitar Teacher was so impressed he bought one himself). In any event I am now thinking that I would rather spend the repair money on a low maintenance amp such as the Boss.

By the way since the Boss has a delay effect would I still need my carbon Copy delay? Im am thinking GC would give me $100 for my Tweaker Cab and $60 for my delay pedal. The the Boss would be about $40.

Eliellasdad

the micro terror basically sounds like one of those battery powered practice amps. itd be a HUGE step down from the yamaha.
i think a blackstar, boss, or marshal code modeler would be a nice addition.
I was also interested in the Blackstar 1 watt (though am fearful of another tube). How does it compare State Boss?

Wirezz

I had a tweaker a long time ago. I'm much happier with my katana now for home volume. (also had the yamaha THR btw which the katana replaced)

I was also interested in the Blackstar 1 watt (though am fearful of another tube). How does it compare State Boss?
i was referring to one of the blackstar modelers. the blackstar ht line is good very heavy music but honestly id be surprised if the blackstar modelers didnt do that as well too- again this is assuming you need home use low volume playing.

ive got an ht5 blackstar head and its fun but limited compared to any of the modelers and its not like im going to be able to use a 5w amp to jam, i shouldve just got a modeler, lol.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom