Tweaking presets on a PitchFactor

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by lynchpin, Feb 26, 2012.

1. lynchpin

lynchpin Member

I am new to the pedal but I made a few presets and was able to name them.
    My question is, like any other pedal, sometimes you ma want to do a quick tweak, lets say increase the mix a hair. I'm not sure how do do that on the PitchFactor and I don't want to have to redo the entire preset to change one parameter. I don't even remember all the parameters I set exactly anyway.
    Is there a way to turn one knob a bit...up or down and just saving that with the rest of the preset remaining intact?

Thanks
    Mike

2. JamonGrande

JamonGrande Supporting Member

It will keep your other parameters the same, so you can tweak a preset on the fly. There are two modes for the knob behavior from the catch-up setting. One will automatically update the knob you are turning to its actual physical position (I believe catch-up off), the other requires you to move the knob to its saved preset value (say 75% on the mix knob) before any knob turning will make a difference.

Let's say you've dialed in a real soft delay (10% mix), but because of tweaking/knob turning/etc.. the physical location of the knob is at 90%. With catch-up off, turning the knob will automatically jack the mix up to 90%, so you'll get an abrup change in parameter value. That said, the knob behaves like a "regular" stompbox would.

With catch-up on , you would need to turn the mix knob down to 10% before the knob would start reading new values. Less abrupt, but requires you to search around with knob. The display will tell you what the preset value is (one way of finding the values of a preset's parameters), and which direction to turn the knob to activate it. That said, it takes a little longer since you now have to "discover" the preset value. It may be an extraneous twist depending on what/when you need the change to take place.

hope this helps
    joe

3. lynchpin

lynchpin Member

Not sure if I have catch up on or off I'll have to check. Seems though that when I have the effect preset on no knob turning changes anything.
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Could you explain it like your speaking to a technology idiot?

Thanks
    Mike

4. JamonGrande

JamonGrande Supporting Member

Seems like catch-up is on. When you turn the knob, does the display value and a direction? If so, turn the knob and at a certain point, it will start reading.

Catchup is to designed to make you move the knob to its preset value and then become active once you hit the value - as opposed to adjusting the parameter from whatever position the knob is already at.

joe