Tweed Deluxe

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Kmaz, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

Describe your settings with a tweed Deluxe or Deluxe clone. The control layout is simple, but let us in on some ways of getting different tones or applications using the 4 inputs and V/T knobs.

2. bushmill

bushmill Member

Okay, then.....Plug into the bright channel (1 or 2). Then crank the Tone all the way up. Then put Volume 1 about 2/3 to 3/4 up. Volume 2 between 5 and 8. Tweed Sweetness! :AOK

3. 5E3

5E3 Member

I have a Richter Tweed Deluxe and have tried all different combinations of inputs and jumpers.
    [​IMG]
    My basic setting that I use almost all of the time now is to plug into input 4; turn volume 1~2 up to about 8 where it starts to attenuate; turn volume 3~4 up for loudness as needed, which is usually 2 for home practice, louder for jamming with others.

I have the tone max'd out for treble.

It's all subjective. IMO, everyone should experiment and use what sounds right to their ear for the music and situation.

:AOK

4. Rick51

Rick51 Member

My Mission 5E3 designates the channels as Normal and Bright.

Plug into Bright #1. Now plug a second cord into Bright #2 and Normal #1. You are now driving both channels equally, control the relative mix with the volume controls. You could use this if the bright channel was too bright and the normal channel was too dark. Rolling off the highs with the tone control doesn't sound the same.

My favorite: Plug into Bright #1. Tone where you like it. Set the bright channel volume at a nice cranked level. Now turn up the normal channel volume (nothing plugged into the normal channel) into the 10 - 12 range. As you turn up, first the mids will scoop, then the volume drops as you get all the way up.

If you want more tone controls, just stick an equalizer stomp box in front of it.

5. Dale

Dale Member

Wow! Same amp basically the same settings here. Same with my 5e3 head.

6. itgoesto11uc

itgoesto11uc Member

Les Paul, neck pickup, bright input 1, tone 9, volume 3.5. Set like this, I can use a light touch with the Les Paul volume on 4 for clean and by rolling the volume up and digging in, get about any amount of dirt I need.

7. SLBlues

SLBlues Member

This is great information. However, would you not need to know what tube configuration you guys are running in your 5E3 to compare apples to apples. I have a Richter 5E3 and am trying to figure out some good settings too. I have a RCA 12AY7 in V1 and RCA 12AX7A in V2, with JJ 6V6 and a GE 5Y3.