• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

tweed deluxe

blues

Silver Supporting Member
Got a victoria deluxe a while back and It came with an eminence legend speaker. It has a ceramic magnet. When I ordered it factory direct and spoke to Mark I thought he meant it was an alnico legend. I ask him why he is putting then in the deluxe and he said "Emi has greater sensitivity (volume) and better performancxde when driven. The Jensens breakup fairly quickly and that can lead to a papery buzzy tone. The emi, by comparison, is solid and full--deep mids and crisp lows, without tizzyness". Anyone use a ceramic speaker in thier tweed deluxe ? If so what are your thoughts ?

Boogie92801

I blew the stock Jensen in 30 minutes after getting my Vicky deluxe. I bought an Emi Red Fang and it was a huge improvement. It is louder, has more head room and sounds so good. It was a tight fit and you have to take out the chassis and remove one tube cover to get it in there but it is totally worth it.

Now I want 3 red fangs for my Vicky Bandmaster too.

thesjkexperienc

^^^ I made this guitar^^^
I had a Jensen RI in the used Vic I bought and it was crap. I ended up putting a Celestion Blue in and it is really nice! A bit more headroom and volume to keep up with everyone.

otaypanky

Play it like you mean it ~
Platinum Supporting Member
I had a Jensen C12N in my Richter 5E3 style. I liked it a lot. I also tried a Celestion Vintage 30, a Jensen Neo, a Jensen Tornado Neo, and an Eminence Lil' Texas Neo. The C12N was for my ears the best.
I have a new Richter Supra~Luxe high powered 5E3 style with 6L6's and I have one of the new Jensen Jet series Electric Lightning speakers in it and I really like this one a lot. Here's a link
http://jensentone.com/jc12-70.php

blues

Silver Supporting Member
I won an vintage p12r jensen on e-bay. The seller says its in good shape. I got it for 50 bucks so if its junk thats the way it gos. Im leaveing in the eminence for now. Mark says they are made to his specs and I like the way it sounds. I had a 53 wide panel deluxe with an alnico. Im used to that sound.

mcinku

I'm using Greenback with my 5E3.
...but my 5E3 is moded with custom trannies + 6L6, GZ34 tubes and I also added 'Bruce Collins Vol/Tone Mod.'

Now it's much brighter sounding amp compared to stock version.

DGDGBD

I've tried a lot of speakers in my 5E3 and prefer british voiced ceramics. I'm currently using a WGS Classic 80 which is working out very well.

otaypanky

Play it like you mean it ~
Platinum Supporting Member
I liked the Jensen ceramic because for my tastes it brought out the highs a bit better and seemed to have a bit more volume and overall clarity. 5E3 lovers appreciate the nice driven tones they deliver, but I like to be able to dial back on the guitar and find a little clean in there too. The ceramic seemed to do that the best. Although I didn't mount an alnico speaker in the cab, I did also run the amp through the 2 x10" P10R's in a Fender

TravisE

Silver Supporting Member
I put a G12H30 in my buddy's Clark tweed Deluxe and it's pretty much perfect. The P12N that was in it was very quiet and compressed. The G12H made it into a giggable amp.

Rick360

Howdy,

Another classic amp I'd like to test-drive. I'd give my left arm to play a Clark Beaufort with it's stock AlNico Clestion blue..

Rick360

blues

Silver Supporting Member
Im going to put the vintage jensen I won in a seperate cab. That way I can just switch if I like the jensen or want to try other speakers. I just bought a hamer vector today and it sounds good with the eminence on the normal and bright channels and the tweed on 12. No farting buzzing ect.

sdgvintage

I ask him why he is putting then in the deluxe and he said "Emi has greater sensitivity (volume) and better performancxde when driven. The Jensens breakup fairly quickly and that can lead to a papery buzzy tone. The emi, by comparison, is solid and full--deep mids and crisp lows, without tizzyness". Anyone use a ceramic speaker in thier tweed deluxe ? If so what are your thoughts ?
I will say the the legend is better than some of the jensen reissues, but does not compare to the weber 12a125 or the jensen p12n in terms of tweed tone.
Besides putting a low priced speaker in adds to the bottom line.

surfdawg99

I have a celestion blue in my 5e3. Increased headroom over the stock speakers, louder, and more importantly, good tones!

dad gad

i have an 8ohm hellatone 30 and it is a spectacular combo, for me. very loud and bright with great bottom end. its a great speaker for a DRRI as well. alnico is very cool for low volume around the house recording stuff but live i need to have the bite and volume i get from the ceramic.

MKB

Gold Supporting Member
Here's another vote for a G12H30 in a 5E3. I had one in mine originally and it was terrific. Only bad thing was the weight; I currently have an old alnico in it and it doesn't sound as good but the weight is way down. BTW, I sold the G12H30 as it was an old blackback and I needed the cash for another project.

Trending Topics