Tweeds with Built In Reverb and Trem?

Stringmaster

Platinum Supporting Member
Anyone doing tweed-based amps with built in reverb and tremelo? I see quite a few amps with one or the other, but not both. Looking for something that stays pretty close to the original circuits--with those additions. Or maybe I need to keep using pedals?

Rumors of War

Silver Supporting Member
I know Stu Daddy Amps offers both of those as upgrades in his Tweed designs, I'm willing to bet he could put them both in. His 5E3 is right on the money by the way.

es137p

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Victoria Trem de Trem, (tweed Tremolux clone, but with a 15" speaker, he will make it with a 12" if you want) it doesn't have verb, but it does have the most amazing greasy trem that I've ever heard.

erksin

Old '60s Ampeg Reverberockets, Gibson Falcons, Magnatone 440s - you could probably get all three for the price of one boutique...

googoobaby

The Swarts if you consider them Tweeds. The reverbs and trems are stellar in them. The Victoria Victorilux is a cool amp too if you're being flexible about tweediness.

teXum

Seems like not to many offer both rev and trem in their tweed clones. Clark only offers reverb, and doesn't seem to make any tremolux clone. Neither the Victorilux nor the Brown Sugar are tweed clones IMO (I currently have the Victorilux, as it was the closest I could get to a great Fender-y, non-blackface sound (more brownface) with both reverb and trem. But check it out if you can, the reverb and trem is really gorgeous).

The Swarts definitively seem to be worth checking out, though. Or you could just try to get your hands on a Victoria Reverberato, and be done with it...

Kmaz

Silver Supporting Member
I know Stu Daddy Amps offers both of those as upgrades in his Tweed designs, I'm willing to bet he could put them both in. His 5E3 is right on the money by the way.

Here it is pictured with a friend

Steve Z

Gold Supporting Member

Thanks.

--edit--

I just found a nice shot on Stu Daddy's website of the reverb add-on in a larger cabinet...

scmavl

Enjoyer
Gold Supporting Member
While the Allen Brown Sugar is a GREAT amp, it does not have trem, as another member suggested. Maybe you can special order it though, but it's not standard.

Trending Topics