Twin 60 vs RC Booster

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ned, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Ned

Ned Member

what are your guys opinions on what seems to be the 2 most popular clean boost pedals?

2. Unburst

Unburst Member

Never tried a Twin 60 but what I like about the RC is that it has eq and can be used in a lot of different ways.

3. what?

what? Member

As opposed to unburst I never tried the RC but definitely love the twin 60 :dude ...it just add fullness to my sound and I keep the first channel on all the time and second channel for boost...it does change the EQ a bit in a very desirable way...I would never thought to set my amp's EQ to that sound and I've tried my best to set the EQ on my amp, but no matter how I set it when I engaged the twin 60 it would always give me a kinda-different-but-still-the-same sound that is just always better than without the pedal....

4. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Have the Twin, never tried the RC. The Twin is definitely a CLEAN boost but it does add a nice full sound. In addition to this I notice that my Tone Press takes away some of the sparkle of my high end and the Twin seems to add this back. Other than the Timmy which I have on order I have no interest in trying another boost. I do not see the Twin ever leaving my setup.

5. what?

what? Member

Phishmarisol is my friend :D

6. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

I tried the RC a while back and liked it, but hated the footswtich.

I have and love my Timmy.

I also noticed my Tone Press robbing from the high end.

I have a Twin 60 on the way.

Will report back.

7. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

the twin 60 was nicer to my ear than the rc for that pristine clean sound. if you want a fatter boost check out the burriss boostier , hellbaby, or dreamtone magic boost.

8. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

I have a "custom" boost pedal as well that has VERY low boost but a lot of clarity increase that should help with that high end loss as well. Just need to get a new switch for it.

9. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

10. Ned

Ned Member

so what is best for pushing an OD pedal over the top and creating a more full sound? in terms of boost pedals

11. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Well, mostly by Ross and partly by myself. It started out life as a Ross Chorus. I got it cheap and wanted to rehouse it as a project but wasn't really keen on Chorus. I messed around with it (read: turned down the chorus all the way, the volume slightly higher and then ripped out the knobs). I rehoused it in a wooden enclosure I built and slapped some stickers on it. I'll post a pic when I get home...still waiting on the switch to come in to get it working again.

12. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

hmmm now that IS custom :) strange use for a ross chorus but its always nice to be a little inventive :)

13. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Haha..yep. It only adds a little volume boost but definitely noticeable but the real beauty of the pedal is in the sparkle. It just makes everything so much clearer without sounding like an effect at all...it's really a subtle tone shaper.