Twin & JMP plexi in one amp for Eric Johnson inspired consolidated rig

Matt1973

Looking to get a scaled-down Eric Johnson type set up.

I'm thinking of getting something that will do the Fender / Marshall in a box for the cleans & crunch tones and pairing with a separate JMP clone for leads.

I was thinking of dividing up a 4x12 ala Bonamassa or perhaps using a Tonebone head switcher.

Anyone been here?

All amp suggestions are welcome however I am UK based so the smaller USA manufacturers are probably too impractical for me. Nonetheless, please don't refrain from posting as I'm sure this is an area of interest for many on here.

Kentano2000

Gold Supporting Member
Don't overlook the Bogner Goldfinger. I get very nice clean and dirty EJ tones with it.

milkman73

Hi,

I was lookong for a similar setup...
finally, I ended up with a Metro Plexi (50w, 68 specs) paired with a Digitech GSP1101 for Cleans into a TwoNotes VB101 (as load and speaker sim) into mixer.

There is also a nice Amp switcher made by Metro which would also work fine if you want to use a cab and mic instead of the TwoNotes.

I can do Plexi Crunch in every volume level...
...thats the benefit of the TN

effectsman

Not a Fender Twin clean, however the 3rd Power Dream Weaver is definitely worth a look. Bassman/Tweed channel and 68 bass spec plexi/hot rod plexi channel in one amp with a very innovative master volume system.

Dharmajester

I run a Silverface Twin for cleans and a Reinhardt 18 for dirt. Contemplating putting a Wgs Blackhawk 100 and a Celestion Gold in the Twin cab so I Can run the Twin through the Blackhawk and the Reinhardt through the Gold... Not one amp i know but pretty consolidated.

Kelly

Not a Fender Twin clean, however the 3rd Power Dream Weaver is definitely worth a look. Bassman/Tweed channel and 68 bass spec plexi/hot rod plexi channel in one amp with a very innovative master volume system.
That would be my suggestion, even though it's only 38 watts.

DV52

If it could be done they would be the holy grail amp that all are searching for.

mesa/kramer

Soldano Lucky 13 (50 watt)

This was Michael's exact inspiration in building this amp (Fender/Marshall in one box performing as 2 separate amps)

Last edited: