• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Twin master volume, pull boost

Cejay825

Maybe someone has done this before......I play my 78 SF twin with the master volume all the way up and use only the channel volume to adjust. When running like this, when you pull the master volume knob the boost sound is awesome. Okay, my question, I would like to mount a 1/4" jack (or equivilant) in the back of the chassis and wire the pull/push switch portion of the master volume to the jack and operate it with a foot switch. Anyone ever done this? or is it possible ?

Last edited:

Cejay825

Anybody ??
No replies, well....I guess its not your typical "my volume knob won't stay on" question....

Cejay825

Would a clean boost pedal work just as well ?
Good Idea, but I've already tried that with a MXR micro amp, it didn't sound the same. I can't explain it but there's a slight alteration of the sound going on also, eq wise.

smolder

Platinum Supporting Member
I think this is the first I've heard od someone liking the fender pull boost. That said, I recall a thread in the tech section about reworking the pull boost on a Princeton reverb to work with a footswitch... Don't have time to search for it right now, but that's probably enough for you to find that discussion.

Cejay825

I think this is the first I've heard od someone liking the fender pull boost. That said, I recall a thread in the tech section about reworking the pull boost on a Princeton reverb to work with a footswitch... Don't have time to search for it right now, but that's probably enough for you to find that discussion.
Hahaha...no, it makes an aweful attempt at overdrive, sounds like crap but with the master at 10 and the channel volume at basicly any level, pulling the knob out , on mine, gives it this amazing boost of sound, not overdrive or distortion or breakup but a wide open guitar pickup kind of sound. Theres a slight boost in volume and maybe some midrange? maybe something has been done inside my amp that causes this, my previous 2 Twins did not do this. Thanks I'll look for the Prineton thread

Giga

You'll probably need to install a relay to make that happen. Not too difficult...

Giga

levous

I never mess with my pull boost. Pulled it, said, "that sounds like ****," pushed it back in.

I recently stuck an amp eleven pedal in front of it and OMG, the tone is beautiful. Every other overdrive/distortion I own is now waiting to be traded.

I also changed out the original Jensens with Weber Californias. That gave it the full, wide, clean sound it was longing for. I still have the Jensens. They're in the boxes the Webers came in.

I'm not sure if I will keep the Twin. You may see it posted in the emporium in a couple of months. Regardless, I do recommend the Webers. They opened up the sound tremendously. Oh, and the amp eleven. Best pedal I own.

Trending Topics