Twin Reverb in a Head

pula58

Gold Supporting Member
Quinn reverb

Silverface Dual showman reverb (quite literally a Silverface twin reverb in a head)

cisspcism

The Custom Audio Amplifiers OD100 series and PT100 have a great fender blackface clean. But if you want just a single channel twin type amp check out the Dr Z EZG 50.

stratocat63

Gold Supporting Member
Silverface Dual showman reverb (quite literally a Silverface twin reverb in a head)
Was just browsing eBay yesterday trying to get an idea of how much I might get for some old Fenders I have, there was one listed.

kludge

The droid you're looking for
Gold Supporting Member
Plain Dual Showman, if you don't need reverb.

Mcclassic

In this area seems to be common, I found one 1965 twin in a head format... I think the shell may have been froma another amp...

jetstrat

www.vintagesoundamps.com

Rick makes vintage correct, hand-wired, PTP blackface re-creations and can make one just like the originals or he has a few mods he can do. I am ordering a VS50 head because I like the flexibility of having multiple cabinets. He can do a 40, 50 or 85 watt version. Trem or no trem and a 3 knob reverb and also can wire up channel 1 to have reverb and give channel 1 a different voice--either a brownface or a mild compression/drive channel. I don't have mine yet but I will report when I get mine. They seem like great amps and get really good reviews.

Leftyman

Platinum Supporting Member
I would purchase a TR off of Ebay or whereever you can get a good deal on one. Buy one that is all beat up but in good working order. That way you can get it cheaper. You shouldn't care about the cabinet because you won't be using it. Sell the speakers and that will pay for the headshell which you can get at mojotone.

http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/c...tyle/Blackface-Twin-Reverb-Style-Head-Cabinet

People are always saying if you want a Twin Reverb sound get this amp or that amp. If you want a TR sound, get a Twin Reverb. They convert very easily to a head with the headshell above.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
Why Silverface, in particualar, over Blackface? Just for the reverb?
I don't think there was a blackface of that amp. I think that if you find any, they've been put in a different shell and are not "natural".

Trending Topics