Twin Reverb RI w/ Boss FS-5L Foot Switch - Reverb/Trem Advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by desceneisvals, Apr 22, 2016.

1. desceneisvals

desceneisvals Member

Would appreciate some advice.

I bought a circa 2000 Twin Reverb RI earlier this week but the guy had lost the foot switch when I showed up - I paid him a little bit less, and he told me he would bring by a foot switch for me as we live very close and I'd shore up the rest with him.

He's a cool guy and was true to his word, but he brought me a Boss FS-5L brand new in the box when I was expecting the RI Twin Pedal.

I've never had a RI Twin so I'm only familiar with the old RCA foot switches. Plugging the Boss pedal in does allow me to turn on the Trem, but just the fact that it's plugged in (whether the trem is on or not) turns off the reverb.

Advice? If it was the other way and the reverb was always on, that would be fine - I swim in reverb.

Thank you.

2. Vibroluxman

Vibroluxman Member

It's because the amp is expecting a stereo plug and the fs 5 is a mono. You need a stereo footswitch. I got one used from GC for 15 bucks shipped a few weeks ago.

3. desceneisvals

desceneisvals Member