Twin Tube Classic Problems

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Bikedude, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Bikedude

Bikedude Gold Supporting Member

Stumbled upon a close-out demo of the SD TT Classic. $129. OK I know, so I got it home plugged it in, and there is so much noise from this pedal that it is unusable. Could there be a fix? Anyone else who has one experience these kind of probs? The adapter they gave me says 16V 600mA output. Maybe the tube is bad? Any suggestions before I take it back. I really wanted to like this pedal, but I think I'm gonna buy a BUEQ also. Thanks in advance.

2. popsongsmith

popsongsmith Senior Member

I have the TT, and it's dead quiet, so you might have a bad tube. definitely worth fixing. I would contact Duncan. they might be able to send you replacement tubes, since I don't think those tubes are readily available on the market.

By the way, the TT and burn unit are a phemomenal combination.

let us know how you make out in case other TT owners have similar issues.

good luck.

3. tone4days

tone4days Member

i really like that pedal - and thats a smokin good price .. but if its busted, thats no good ... if you owned it for a while and it suddenly developed problems, i'd advise that you call seymour duncan support directly (numbers on the website) - they will take care of you, no problems ... you could call duncan anyway (they might be pretty busy preppin for NAMM next week) and see if they'll get you sorted ...

but given that you bought it recently, i'd recommend taking it back and seeing about a new one ...

good luck
    t4d

4. Bikedude

Thanks for the comeback. The first time I fired it up it was thru my dead quiet modded DRRI. I had some cheapo cables on it. This AM I hooked it up to my Goodsell 17 with Mogami cables and it was still very loud. It sounds like your standing on the seashore at high tide. Unacceptable for sure. I'll either get my $$ back, or GC can send it in for repair. I wonder if GC has a 30 day trial period for closeout demo units?

5. Bikedude

BTW, yea the price was too good to pass up. I just "stumbled" on it sitting in one of the corner cases. I couldn't believe the price.

6. Johnny V

Johnny V Member

I bought my twin classic at GC and paid full retail....but it works absolutely great...don't give up on it!

7. Bikedude

Took it back for a full refund. Sales dude says he should have a new one in next week, but can't guarantee the $129 price. Duh, well yea, sell a pedal that doesnt work cheap! Anyway I bought a Barber Burn Unit EQ-EL instead. I think its a way smoother sounding pedal, with tons of gain, runs 9vlt power, takes up less space, and I can run my delays off of it for some kewl possibilities. Thanks Paul if you should read this thread. BTW, I keep hearing that "Top Fuel" pedal in my head.

8. Dale

Dale Member

I like my TT, but there have been some issues with the 2 I have bought. Even the one now does some funky things now and then. Great pedal I am just starting to wonder about how durable it is for me.