• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

twisted tele neck vs twang king neck ?

dazco

Own 2 teles with twang king necks and i like them. But I'm curious about the TT neck, as it sounds like it may be better jangly fender kind of tone. The TK does that but i'm not 100% happy with it and can't put my finger on why. I like the neck to be VERY good at that jangly cleanish semi distorted jangly rhythm sound and from what i've read about the TT it seems like it may be the best pickup for that. Can anyone who's used both tell me how they compare sonically?

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
I haven't owned a TT, but I bought a TK set back in '97 and keep coming back to them. Most recently, it was a noiseless set of DiMarzios (Area T neck and Virtual Hot T bridge) that didn't make the cut, although the Area T neck has a lot of similarities to the TK.

For me, that TK neck is just beautiful, but it's not for everyone.

oneass

I have them both, and I think I prefer the TK. Actually, I had them in 2 different teles, and at first I thought they were just okay. But for some reason, when I switched them, suddenly I liked both guitars a LOT more. So I guess the answer, as usual, is 'it depends'. :)
Maybe it has something to do with the fretboard material? The TK is now in a guitar with rosewood board, the TT guitar has a maple fb.

BTW, they don't have the same magnet polarity, so keep that in mind if you want noise canceling with your bridge pickup!

omfg51

The Twisted Tele set is designed to be just a little glassier, and a little bit strat like. That may be just the jingle jangle you're looking for, but the only way to find out is to try it.

dazco

Thanks. But can you describe how they differ?

I have them both, and I think I prefer the TK. Actually, I had them in 2 different teles, and at first I thought they were just okay. But for some reason, when I switched them, suddenly I liked both guitars a LOT more. So I guess the answer, as usual, is 'it depends'. :)
Maybe it has something to do with the fretboard material? The TK is now in a guitar with rosewood board, the TT guitar has a maple fb.

BTW, they don't have the same magnet polarity, so keep that in mind if you want noise canceling with your bridge pickup!

Trending Topics