Twisted Tele Pickup in a Baja

tjmicsak

I went to make some adjustments to the pickup height on my Baja Tele and found one of the two phillips screw heads was spun out to the point of being 80% stripped, most likely at the factory by a powered installation tool. I contacted Fender for a replacement and for the time being I got the screw out and slotted it with a hacksaw as a makeshift flat head screw. Although I bought this new from MF, being that these twisted tele pickups are in demand and only available on purchased guitars, I would like to varify this is the stock pickup. Is there a way I can identify the pickup to be genuine?

GregoryL

I could be mistaken, but I don't think the Baja series ever came with the twisted tele pup - pretty sure it's limited to custom shop models.

Blue4Now

Gold Supporting Member
I think the Baja's did come with the twistesd Tele neck pickup but I don't know how to verify what the inderside of one looks like

mid-city tim

The twisted Tele pickups are a little taller, have 3 leads and did indeed come with certain model Baja's and on the Custom Classic and other Custom Shop Tele's.

Here are two examples: I think the Baja pickup is the one with the green lead.

Last edited:

tjmicsak

Yes thanks, although your pictures are not displayed, it is taller and has a green lead for the cover ground. Looks like the genuine article. Thanks.

Trending Topics