• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Twister Dust Devil - Reviews?

farlowhigh

paging RubberSoul...as I recall, he is a happy owner of a Dust Devil..I am also very interested in this amp and would love to hear more about it and more clips would be great, of course...there are some great clips on youtube and also on twisteramps.com

Telecaster62

Yep, it sounds perfect for me. I'm a bare bones type player and it looks like it can do clean to mean with just guitar and amp which is right up my alley. I also mic my amp at every gig so the 12 watts is not an issue. I also like the power scaling idea. If this thing is reliable and sounds as good as I've heard then I'm definitely in.

voojo

Can't help but think the name/model sounds like a vacuum cleaner :p
That could be an angle used to buy it! "Honestly honey, I thought I was ordering a new vacuum, and this damn amp showed up! Darned if it didn't say no returns accepted!!!"

gtrgeek335

Yea,Jade at Twister is a friend of mine, I always kid him that the only difference between the two is the location of the dirt bag! By the way, the Dust Devl is an amazing sounding amp.

Gordon

rubbersoul

Silver Supporting Member
Buy one!!!!!! Trust me, it's the best $899 you'll ever spend. 3 knobs, 3 tubes, single-ended EL-34 sweetness and the powerscaling makes it great for home.

My wife even approves of this amp for that reason! I play a tele and an ES-335 through it and it sounds great...good "How Many More Times" tones. Takes pedals great too!

rubbersoul

Silver Supporting Member
Just saw on Jade's website that he's got a Dust Devil Deluxe coming soon. 15 watts, 2 6V6's, Vari-watt powerscaling, footswitchable reverb and tremelo. Sounds sweet...you might want to check that out too.

Telecaster62

Rubbersoul,
How much gain does it have? Can you go from chimey clean to classic rock solo type gain? If so, it's MINE!

skipm45

How much gain does it have? Can you go from chimey clean to classic rock solo type gain? If so, it's MINE!
Jade did a great job here.
The amount of gain available is ridiculous. Does clean tones exceptionally well and will grind with the best of them. Cranked, mine will easily sustain into feedback. Put a tube screamer ahead of it and it takes you into metal territory.

Skip
www.skipzcircuits.com

Telecaster62

Oh my God, Jade you've just described me to a tee. I don't want compressed modern distortion I want old school Rock N Roll. I just want to make sure there is enough gain that when I crank the guitar to 10 that the amp sings for solo's and when I back down to 5 it's clean with various levels of grind in between. I could run a boost as well but I don't want to use overdrive pedals. I've got some good paying gigs coming up so I'll be counting my pennies......

rubbersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I'll just throw my two cent's in here. The Dust Devil needs to be used with a little different approach than some amps. To get the most out of it, you really need to rely on the volume knob on the guitar. I usually play it with the Volume a little over half, with the boost knob pulled. This gives a ton of gain, dial back the volume on the guitar, and it'll clean up real nice.

The Dust Devil is based on a Tweedish circuit, so it's distortion is definitely on the Gritty, Dirty side of the tracks. If you want more of a modern compressed tone, I run the volume at about 1/4, and run a Barber Direct Drive into it, and it does the Modern lead sound really well.

I'm planning on doing another video soon, to show how to get the most out of the amp.

OH, and if you really wanna hear something, Plug it into a 4x12, and turn every knob all the way up!!

Hope that helps!
Jade
Yep...listen to this...do it and you'll have a ton of fun!! The Dust Devil rocks!!

tdarian

Platinum Supporting Member
That does look like a really really cool amp. The clip/video link on the website has some pretty neat stuff on this amp and others offered by Twister. Why have I never heard of Twister before now?

Out of curiousity, what speaker comes stock in The Dust Devil?

luv2playm

Silver Supporting Member
Has anyone else tried or received a Dust Devil yet? What's your impression of it? :rimshot

rick13

Silver Supporting Member
I have Dust Devil Deluxe #1 coming my way later this week. I have to say if the amp matches the customer service, it will be superb.
Rick

luv2playm

Silver Supporting Member
I have Dust Devil Deluxe #1 coming my way later this week. I have to say if the amp matches the customer service, it will be superb.
Rick

That's great. #1! Please share your impressions after you've had a chance to put it through its paces.

I've got a Dust Devil on order. I can hardly wait. :banana

Trending Topics