Twister Dust Devil

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jerrylee, Aug 20, 2008.

1. jerrylee

jerrylee Member

Anyone running thru one of these yet? I am on the list - got about 4 more weeks to wait - but I am dying to hear from any tgp'ers that have played thru one...just to make the wait even more difficult.

2. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

Did you mean to post this on the TVP (The Vacuum-Cleaner Page)?

3. Tonekat

Tonekat Supporting Member

I'm rocking a Dyson with the Animal Mod myself.

4. jerrylee

jerrylee Member

Yeah..I was thinking about getting it covered in red canvas..with a brush attachment...Thank you! try the veal..I'm here all week!

5. skipm45

skipm45 Member

I have had a number of conversations with Jade (Twister amps) and he's pretty "amped" about it (no pun intended). The sound clips are killer!

I may have to own one....

Skip
    www.skipzcircuits.com

6. gtrgeek335

gtrgeek335 Member

HeyJerrylee, I played the prototype @ Centerville Music , it Rocked Hard ! Cleaned up beautifully by rolling down the volume knob on the guitar, very responsive to pick attack. I think you will very happy.

7. jerrylee

jerrylee Member

man I can't wait...Jade...get back to work!

8. jerrylee

jerrylee Member

I've had my Dust Devil @ 10 days now...2 rehearsals and 1 gig. Yeah...still in the honeymoon phase...but I am really digging it. Only pedal I use with it is my tuner...get everything from the guitar...just a GREAT blues/classic rock tone with my tele. Anybody else running thru one?

9. rubbersoul

rubbersoul Member

Oh man...I have a little over 2 weeks left to go on my wait. I can't wait!!

Good to hear your tele works good jerrylee...I've got one I can't wait to use with it.

Any pics??

10. rubbersoul

rubbersoul Member

That sounds great Jade...thanks for the update. It's a good thing you have those clips on youtube...they're getting me through!

11. Puckman

Puckman Member

How do you like the variwatt on that amp? How effective is it, tonally speaking?

12. skhan007

skhan007 Supporting Member

I drove out to Centerville Music a few weeks back and put the Dust Devil through the paces- It is a absolutely fantastic amp. A little monster, if you ask me. The variwatt was very usable and actually gets real nasty the more you dial it down- that's right- when you dial it down. The push/pull gain was great for getting some smokin' hot solo tones. My historic LP's volume knob really made the amp go from clean to mean. Great little amp with a really big sound! I recommend it!

Cheers,

Khan.

13. jerrylee

jerrylee Member

The variwatt works great..but I rarely use it...I have the benefit of a below ground basement and a understanding wife. The volume of the Dust Devil is just right for rehearsal (full band) - and I mic'd it at the gig..since I have actually been trying to get my stage volume down (GASP!!!!) it was perfect. If you are waiting for one..don't worry..it is oh so worth it....GAS has abated...for a while...