• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Two 1x12 vs 2x12

shocki

Did anybody have the chance to compare both options with the same speaker setup.

I kind of like the Two 1x12 cause it gives me the option to take the 1x12 to smaller locations and a second 1x12 for bigger gigs. Also the two 1x12 can be placed with some distance between them which gives you mpre spread.

I can imagine that the 2x12 gives you a tighter bottom though. But I am not sure.

woad_yurt

I have 3 1x12s, 2 with the same cabs and the third with a smaller one. The speakers are all the same speakers. It's great to be able to use one or two and mix and match. Usually a single 1x12 is plenty but it's nice to be able to add or remove a second. I wouldn't get a 2x12 unless it fell into my lap for pennies.

So far as "richness" of sound is concerned, doubling up 1x12s seems to do just as well, if not better, than using a single 2x12. Of course, if you're using some lousy cabinets, your mileage may differ.

ES330

If the two 1x12s take the same space as the 2x12
You will have a hard time telling the difference...

Tried A/B testing of this at a cabinet maker...

Trending Topics