Two amp setup help.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rockster12, Jun 19, 2006.

1. rockster12

rockster12 Member

OK, so here is the deal. I am wanting to run a 2 amp setup for a clean amp and a dirty amp. I play mostly original material in the blues/ roots/ r&B vein. I am running the signal as such: guitar>rmc wah>mini deja vibe>lehle A/B/C box. A>fulltone69>banzai fireball>marshall 50watt 4holer. B>deluxe mem. man.>DLS chorus vibe>Carr slant6V.
    All is powered by a VL PP2. Signal is carried to amp by way of Pedalsnake.
    My problem is, I notice that when I switch to the clean amp (Carr) that there is a little less sparkle than when I plug straight in. Kind of like some of the highs were rolled off. I first tried without the pedalsnake and went with my Geo. L cables but no change. Could this be because of lack of a buffer? Should I run my TTE last in the clean chain and use it as the buffer? When I gig just with my Carr, I run into wah>klon>AM chorus>shannon phasor>DD5 and the cleans are to die for.
    I am quite confident that somebody out there has a good suggestion.

2. vorvick

vorvick Member

3. erksin

erksin Member

Maybe place a buffer just before the DMM? I use an Axess BS-2 last in my chain and it works well there too. You've got what - 5 T/B pedals before the Carr? You probably need a buffer in there...

The Klon is buffered, so that's why you aren't hearing any loss.

4. stekks

stekks Member

The buffer is a good idea, but can't you compensate with dailing in a little more presence and/or treble in your amp??

5. rockster12

rockster12 Member

I guess that that is possible. I just wanted to see if there were other altenitives. It is kind of hard to explain. It isn't like just treble is missing. It is more like presence or sparkley clean. Kind of like the difference between old dead strings and new ones.

6. erksin

erksin Member

Perfectly described - a buffer will bring that back...

7. rockster12

rockster12 Member

This is kind of what I was thinking. What would be a good buffer, and can it go last in the chain? I have no room left on the pedalboard. would the TTE work for this aplication? because if it did, I would put the DMM in the dirty chain and put the TTE on top of the amp and last in the clean chain.

8. rockster12

rockster12 Member

Where do you get these axess units?

9. rockster12

rockster12 Member

Would the Axess BS-2 fit under an original pedaltrain? I have run out of space.

10. erksin

erksin Member

Yep - they're quite small and thin.

www.axess-electronics.com

11. rockster12

rockster12 Member

Well, I ordered the axess unit. Hope it solves the problem. It is probably a good tool to have on board anyway since I am using the pedals. I have never noticed the problem before with other amps. I am sure that it was there, I just didn't notice. The Carr has such a great clean channel that you do notice when something is taken away.

12. erksin

erksin Member

IMO - you're absolutely correct, the cleans are where 'tone suck' is most noticeable.

Let us know if it works out for you!