Two Amps, Pan or "blender" pedal

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by stevel, May 18, 2008.

1. stevel

stevel Member

I've heard of some people using two amps, and using a panning or blender pedal of some sort to have one amp, the other amp, or any amount of blend of the two amps.

Pedals that do this?

Do you have the same sort of grounding issues as running two amps off an A/B?

Are "two amps louder than one" - in other words, if both amps are running, then I would think it would be louder than either one by themselves (or at least fuller) - do any of these pedals have a means to compensate if that's a problem (seems likes there's a Radial A/B type pedal that has this compensation, but I'm looking at something with travel).

TIA,
    Steve

2. loudstuff

loudstuff Member

I'm pretty sure Ernie Ball makes a volume pedal that can work as either a panning pedal between two amps or a volume pedal for a stereo signal. I think Jimmy Herring uses one.

3. mcgriff420

mcgriff420 Member

One thing I wanted to try was using my radial bigshot A/B, A+B pedal to run two amps then utilize a volume pedal on the dirty amp to blend in that sound for leads.

4. Ben Jam'n

Ben Jam'n Member

I used to do this with an Ernie Ball Stereo/Pan Pedal. It has a switch on it so you can use it to pan between the two amps or run both amps at once. I always had to lift the ground on one of the amps.

The same pedal works great with guitars equipped with a piezo pickup.

5. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

i use my dd20 for this. works great. . . and delay doesn't even have to be on. . . .

6. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

yep, use an ernie ball vol/pan pedal with this, and a radial a/b/y to lift ground. works like a charm.

7. stevel

stevel Member

Ok, so I'll still likely need the ground lift. I'll probably start with the A/B with the lift, then add in the pedal (baby steps you know).

Thanks,
    Steve