• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Two Apparently Stolen Ruokangas

Eero

In case you happen to bump into these guitars, this is FYI. A major delivery company managed to lose two of our dear guitars. The other one is a Cognac colored (tobacco type) Duke Deluxe, serial #
0610166-2.

The other one a one-of-a-kind custom order Duke Royale, serial #
0612148-R (picture attached).

Please let us know, if you see these anywhere.

Grateful,

Eero Kilpi
Ruokangas Guitars, USA
Mad Professor Amplification

enharmonic

Old Growth
Platinum Supporting Member
On the bright side...gonna be very difficult for that one to get lost in a crowd. I wish you the best of luck in recovering it.

mikef1331

I hope you can find the missing guitars. That would be a hard loss to swallow. Good luck on the search.

Eero

Thanks Guys!

The beauty of these discussion forums is that you can actually spread the word....

This is a nightmare beyond belief.

:jo :eek: :confused: :mad: :worried :crazy :NUTS

Eero

jcground

I'm surprised you can still type. I'd be crying too hard.

I hope these are recovered. I'd think that your guitars are so unique that they'd hopefully be easier to track down, particularly the hollow. What a beautiful guitar.

Eero

It took me a long time to gather the guts to tell the customer that "Hey Jim, you know what, you are not going to get your axe"... We had spent hours and hours of designing this guitar together.

Thanks for keeping your eyes open and your kind words!

Eero

Thor

Eero,

What a total nightmare - not a great way to kick off 2007. I hope that they find their way home safely. Best of luck.

Edward

rgsss14

Hey Eero -

Here's to a safe recovery! Worse things can happen though....

EunosFD

Wow, that's horrible news Eero. :( They're quite unique guitars so hopefully they won't be too tough to track down. Hopefully whoever stole them will get too greedy and mess up somewhere down the line and get caught. Best of luck.

Ruokangas

Thanks guys. I think I'm still in a shock of the whole thing... This Duke Royale was one of the most beautiful guitars we've ever built. I am SO pissed off to the shipping company!!! :mad: We'd really appreciate if you could keep your eyes open for the guitars.

-Juha-

GuitarGuy510

Also just a suggestion, but if you know what city (or nearby cities) the package was roughly lost around, you could search for "Ruokangas" on Craigslist... they might try to avoid eBay to keep a low profile since it seems most likely this was stolen and not lost IMO. Just trying to help! I hope you guys can recover these beauties, it's a shame to have lost them due to potential criminals! :(

Eero

Thanks GuitarGuy510!

This is a very valuable suggestion, I have been watching Ebay like a hawk, but I forgot all about Craigslist :confused:

FWIW, my understanding is that the guitars mystically disappeared in the state of NY/Westchester county.

Thanks again,

Eero

SebiX

HOLY ****!!!!!!

I will keep my eyes and ears open on the European market!! If they are stolen , you may have luck that someone got them who does not know that these guitars are unique and not some no name mass production crap which can be sold easily...

Damn it!!

Sebastian

CharlieS

I believe these guitars have been located. Details were in another thread here a few days ago.

Thor

Eero,

Juha mentioned in another thread that he believed that these guitars had been found. Can you confirm so that we can all heave a collective sigh of relief?

Thanks, and hope that you enjoyed NAMM!

Cheers,

Edward

Dana Olsen

Damn! Eero and Juha, I'm so sorry to hear about that, especially after such a great NAMM show. What a lovely guitar.

I'll spread the word around too.

Very sorry, Dana O.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom