Two Apparently Stolen Ruokangas

Ruokangas

I wish I could confirm they've been found... I did receive a phonecall from the shipping company, that the guitars were found. This was about when NAMM started. I asked them to ship the guitars overnight express to my hotel in Anaheim, and they promised to do that. The guitars however never arrived during that week. The tracking failed to work, and I called the shipping company. Then they stated that the guitars have been sent to Finland (!). Now they've again been on their way more than 1 week, we haven't received anything. Also there was a notification of damage. The last I've heard is, that the shipping company isn't sure where the guitars are now, or where they were exactly shipped... I dunno. Sounds like a bad joke to me. I'm too shocked to even be pissed off anymore. The guitars were shipped to USA originally December 19th. Now it's January 25th...

-Juha-

Thor

Javla Skitt!

Sounds like the only thing they know is that they've been "damaged" - You and Eero have been very polite in not naming the "major shipping company", but I think that many of us would like a name to help spare us the same nightmare.
I hope that things turn out OK, but it's really not looking like it...

On a lighter note - I hope that you are enjoying the rest of your time in California. Thanks for the pics from NAMM.

Cheers,

Edward

Ruokangas

In my opinion this "well known shipping company" should rename themselves to "OOPS!". Wouldn't be far from their current name, and would describe better their actions...

The days in Mexico were nice, very relaxed and laid back atmosphere...
icon14.gif
Right now I'm in San Diego, listening to Michael Landau live cd in the hotel room. Damn Landau is good! Was a great gig in the Baked Potato btw, thanks Josh for arranging us the table and all!! And the teriyaki chicken was excellent, just like you promised!
icon7.gif

I received another email from the shipping company yesterday. They believe (!?) that the guitars have finally been delivered to Anaheim hotel I was staying at. Luckily I'm still in the country and can make arrangements to pick up the guitars IF they've really arrived. I don't believe before I see.

This is like from a lousy soap opera, going on and on and on...

-Juha-

Quinny

Man.... :( I hope you get your hands on them and the damage report is either wrong or relates to the box or case, fingers crossed the guitars themselves are okay.

Q.

mbrown3

In my opinion this "well known shipping company" should rename themselves to "OOPS!". Wouldn't be far from their current name, and would describe better their actions...

-Juha-

In my experience, the other carriers aren't any better, just a different name. I lived in Prague for a couple of years and shipped guitars back and forth a lot and tons here in the US, and have only had one minor problem the whole time. If it's a really BAD experience like this one you're having, I would be soured to a particular company too, but in my estimation/experience they're all about the same.

Eero

I agree with you mbrown3. It is just that the correspondence that at least I have had so far, has not been extremely civilized. If you call a company that is in the hauling business and you call 5 times and every time you get a different answer, that is not very convincing.

Well, we will see....

Eero

Ruokangas Guitars,
Mad Professor Amplification

Thor

Keep us posted - we are all holding our collective breaths and wishing for a happy ending to this crazy story!

Ruokangas

Eero, I sure hope I would've needed to call only 5 times. I have probably called 25-30 times, and every time different answers. And only God knows how long this will continue... :confused:

Now, (as you all know by now) the shipping company stated that 2 guitars have been shipped to Anaheim. They said in the email recently that 2 guitars have been delivered to the Hotel I was staying during the NAMM. Ok... today I went there and found 1 guitar. Luckily it was the Duke Royale, and luckily the package was unharmed. The guitar and the case also are in perfect condition, untouched. The guitar was ground shipped instead of overnight express as ordered.

Where the other guitar is, I have no idea. And - either they lost 1 guitar AGAIN or the other Duke wasn't in this shipment in the first place. The shipping company has now had 5 weeks to do their job, and finally they did deliver 50% of the goods. If they sent the other one (perhaps damaged?) to Finland via ground, I expect to receive it in about 2-3 months. Nice!

-Juha-

enharmonic

Chairman of the Bored
Platinum Supporting Member
OOPS...mane...every time I deal with them, I get a knot in my stomach :(

I hope this works out to a positive resolution. Your guitars are too beautiful to suffer at the hands of an incompetent shipping company.

Eero

So, these guitars have a) slipped from their carton on a trailer b) mysteriously disappeared from a delivery truck c) severely damaged and on their way to Finland d) and 47 different stories....

Now it seems we have one of them and needless to say, it will be shipped from California to New York (or Maine) by a shipping company that starts with the letter F.

Yeah Juha, I know, I know. I also have called more than 5 times, that was just figuratively speaking. I rephrase it "now, if you call a shipping company 50 times and every time you get a different answer for what happened to something that you TRIED to ship from place A to place B".

Well, Jim will get his axe and he has very patiently been watching while we have tried to do our job.... and we will still have work to do, the other guitar is still missing...

Great to have also Emma here on Gearpage!! Tjänare!!

Eero

Victor R

Endeavor to Persevere
Platinum Supporting Member
Every time I saw your booth a NAMM I thought about your missing guitars. I'm glad you got one of them back.

Ruokangas

Thank you everyone for your support! The Duke Royale is now on its way to the customer, so I hope soon this case will be finally closed. Well, one guitar is still missing, and we'll report if something new comes up concerning that. We'd appreciate if you guys keep your eyes open in case a used Duke DeLuxe in cognac (tobacco type) sunburst turns up somewhere...

Yeah, welcome to GP Emma! And FYI (for those who didn't know) Emma is my girlfriend, a professional luthier from Sweden, moved to Finland about a year ago, works at Ruokangas Guitars. :)

-Juha-

mbrown3

I agree with you mbrown3. It is just that the correspondence that at least I have had so far, has not been extremely civilized. If you call a company that is in the hauling business and you call 5 times and every time you get a different answer, that is not very convincing.

Well, we will see....

Eero

Ruokangas Guitars,
Mad Professor Amplification

Yeah, I'm with you there, customer service is so crucial. Sorry you've had such a frustrating experience! Glad the one is back, hope the 2nd one turns up soon!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom