Two-Channel Amp Recommendation

WillG

Hello everyone,

I've been playing guitar for a long time, but have been playing w/ a clean amp and a distortion pedal for years. After saving some money, I'm ready to get my first amp w/ distortion. What amp fills these needs:

two channel
really good (fenderish?) cleans
distortion channel that is tight for high gain rhythm and soaring for leads
NOT muddy
at least 50 watts
in a head form (not a combo)

I have no brand preference. Thanks!

What kind of tight high gain rhythm and what kind of leads? Are we talking metal, classic rock, 80's?

The Mesa 5:50 w/EQ would seem to fit the bill, but there's probably better choices if we know more about the kind of music you're going to use it for.

WillG

What kind of tight high gain rhythm and what kind of leads? Are we talking metal, classic rock, 80's?

The Mesa 5:50 w/EQ would seem to fit the bill, but there's probably better choices if we know more about the kind of music you're going to use it for.
For rhythm, I want a good metal (80s, 90s) tone, and for leads I'd love to have a "liquidy" Steve Vai, Petrucci-ish tone.

NorCal_Val

What amp fills these needs:
two channel
NOT muddy
at least 50 watts
Rivera Knucklehead Tre

Paleolith54

Hello everyone,

I've been playing guitar for a long time, but have been playing w/ a clean amp and a distortion pedal for years. After saving some money, I'm ready to get my first amp w/ distortion. What amp fills these needs:

two channel
NOT muddy
at least 50 watts

I have no brand preference. Thanks!
And don't forget that you can use your pedals in conjunction with a good two-channel amp. My Express 5:50 Plus, with a couple of pedals, gets me most any tone I want for gigging.

JS-29

I'd normally vote for a fender prosonic, but it's only 30 watts. A Mesa should do the trick.

sickboy79

Fender Tone Master head
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL (50 or 100)
Bad Cat Hot Cat 50
Bad Cat Lynx
Budda SD 45 or SD80

I'm sure there are a few more than just aren't coming to mind at the moment. Do you have a budget?

jguitarslim

Gonna get dozens of recs. Not sure of your price range but some of the best I've played that match your description...

3rd Power CSR
Redplate Magica
Friedman SS100

Trending Topics