1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Two chord jam

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by telewacker, Apr 11, 2008.

1. telewacker

telewacker Supporting Member

2. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Thats very cool playing. Was that just fingers and no pick ? very good whammy bar control and great sound.......... Really sounds like you are enjoying it. :drink

3. JMayerFan

JMayerFan Member

Cool sounds man! Do I hear some Ford phrasings in there?

4. telewacker

Thanks! Yup, just fingers. I use a Lee Jackson XLS1000 amp through old Marshall cabs. The 8x10 has a woody crunchy sound that's totally unique...just stick a 57 in front of it. No EQ. The echo is a Time Factor. The really hollow gain tone is a Deluxe Electric Mistress set on "Filter Matrix". The backwards guitar is a Tone Core echo pedal set for reverse. Everything's on my p-board in loops in my Wobo prog looper. I plug my guitar straight into the amp. All the OD is in the amp. It's at a very modest volume too. Lee's amps don't have to be loud to sound great.

The opening rhythm guitar is going through the "Symphonic" fx patch in my Yamaha DAW. A little early reflections on the saxes. Some compression on the horns and lead guitar.

Everything's one take except the horn harmonies which took a couple of tries to get the second horn's phrasing to match the first as I created the parts on the fly.

Too much information? I know you didn't ask! LOL!!

5. telewacker

Noooooooo. I'm a Mopar fan.

6. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Sounds great Paul ... ya know I"m a fan now ...:)

7. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

OO very nice Paul.

Love that percussive slap only fingers can give you. Nice playing

Couple of beckish Trem moments...........yummy

8. telewacker

Thanks Joseph!

9. telewacker

Thanks bro! Very nice playing on your clips too. Great phrasing!