Two Delays?

wamba

You only get two delays on your board, one analog and one digital. Which would you choose?

sbahr

Currently: Boss DD-5 and a Boss DM-2W and I'm pretty happy with it. I'd only change the DD-5 to a DD-20 for some presets if the gigs were more demanding.

Cerpin Taxt

In LALA land? An Analogman ARDX20 w/ Amazeo plus a Strymon Timeline.

In reality? Probably a Carbon Copy and a DD-7.

FWIW, the only delay on my board right now is an Eventide Time Factor, although I own a Carbon Copy and a DE7.

jordane93

The ones that are on my board currently. TC Electronic Nova Repeater and MXR Carbon Copy. They compliment each other really well.

R.C.Moran

Gold Supporting Member
You didn't specify if analog means mechanically or bucket brigade, so I'll say a Binson Echorec Special and for digital a MXR Digital Delay System 2!

More realistically, Strymon DIG and MN3005 Maxon AD900.

ummohyeah

On the left it's an Meet Maude,right?How the repeats sound?
Yessir, Meet Maude and an AD4096.

Repeats: Dark and organic. Perfect for soup, slapback or rhythmic repeats. I think it sounds excellent through a slightly cooking blackface amp. I keep the compression low and the modulation off. After 20 minutes of tinkering you should have a grasp of how the controls interact and what it is capable of. My neighbors hated me for the first two weeks I had it. Its tone reminds me somewhat of a DM-2, but a bit more... I can't find the right word -- A bit better I guess?

I can't choose between these two, but there are still a few analog delays I have not tried that I would like to. One day.

GetAddicted

Yessir, Meet Maude and an AD4096.

Repeats: Dark and organic. Perfect for soup, slapback or rhythmic repeats. I think it sounds excellent through a slightly cooking blackface amp. I keep the compression low and the modulation off. After 20 minutes of tinkering you should have a grasp of how the controls interact and what it is capable of. My neighbors hated me for the first two weeks I had it. Its tone reminds me somewhat of a DM-2, but a bit more... I can't find the right word -- A bit better I guess?

I can't choose between these two, but there are still a few analog delays I have not tried that I would like to. One day.
i watched a video with Meet Maude and i was surprised with good meaning.I definitely will get it in the future.

Trending Topics