Two Digitech RP355 Questions: Smooth volume swell and fuzzy edge to "clean" amps

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by blesscurse, Feb 9, 2012.

1. blesscurse

blesscurse Member

1. When I use a fairly distorted/gainy present on my RP355, the volume pedal taper is rather abrupt, meaning, I cannot go from absolute silence into sound without an initial abrupt (though slight) volume jump. Perhaps this is the noise threshold gate opening. But it's very frustrating. Any suggestions?

2. I notice when I listen to a "clean" or "cleanish" amp setting (no distortion pedal activated) I hear a soft fuzziness shadowing/behing the clean guitar signal. It sounds almost like leakage, even though I know that's not what it is. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. burningyen

burningyen Vendor

1. Make sure the expression pedal is assigned to control either Amp Level or Volume Post. If that doesn't fix your problem, try recalibrating the expression pedal as described in the manual.

2. Make sure it's not your cables, pedals, guitar or ZT causing the issues. If it's the RP355, then it sounds like yours is defective.

3. blesscurse

blesscurse Member

I re-calibrated the pedal (again).

When I have the Volume Pedal assigned to Post, It (obviously) does not allow reverb/delay tails to fade naturally when I cut volume; so with "wet" patches, it's not very useable.

I experimented with the Amp level assignment, but it did not seem to do the trick. Any other suggestions?

With my analog pedals set-up, I can patch in a volume pedal after distortion, EQ and gate and before time-based effects. Is the Amp Level assignment supposed to work that way?

4. burningyen

burningyen Vendor

No idea, that's all I got. Yours might be defective.