Two hundred ReverBucks

Davin Kuntze

Santa brought me $200 in Reverb gift cards and now I don't know what I want. Terrible, terrible problem I know.

I was considering either an Industrialectric RM-1N (willing to wait for one to pop up) or Caroline Meteore although my Keeley Gold Star already gets me into distorted reverb territory.

That said, I think what I'm looking for is a new pedal to inspire me. I like droney drones and noisey noises for sure but it's not all I do musically. I love wonky, weird pedals but maybe the "responsible" thing to do is get a good foundation pedal of some sort.

At the moment I do have a decent delay selection (DD3 and DM2 both vintage plus a bunch of other low and mid budget options), some good fuzz and distortion, a SHO boost, old boss OD (which I never use ... never really used much OD but it does goose my RAT into a great place), Keeley Gold Star, BYOC phase, three new BYOCs on their way (compressor, superfuzz, big muff), a looper etc. All this is running into either a 70s Traynor 2x12 or a Tweed Deluxe BYOC clone (amazing, buy one, build one!).

So I guess what I'm asking is if you had $200 (give or take) to put into a new musical device, one that might inspire you in new directions, what would you suggest?

ummohyeah

The RM-1N is hard to beat. I almost got one this past weekend but decided to play it safe financially and I got a Midnight Amplification Skyhorse reverb instead. Axe and you Shall Receive should have stock on the RM-1N and will probably be re-listing them shortly, if you don't mind ordering from Canada.

Outside of that, if you want a fuzzy, broken sounding reverb there is the Death By Audio Reverberation Machine. I've had mine for almost two years now and I love it for those sort of sounds.

It all depends on what you think you'd use. But definitely get something that holds its resell value well.

Davin Kuntze

I am still leaning towards an RM-1N based on what I've seen and read although as far as resale value goes it might not be the best choice. Niche effects like these can either skyrocket in value or totally take a nose dive regardless of their build or sound quality. I guess I'm being a responsible adult for even considering this.

ummohyeah

I am still leaning towards an RM-1N based on what I've seen and read although as far as resale value goes it might not be the best choice. Niche effects like these can either skyrocket in value or totally take a nose dive regardless of their build or sound quality. I guess I'm being a responsible adult for even considering this.
I wouldn't worry too much about the resale value on an RM-1N. If you pay the asking $280-$300 new you'll still be able to sell it for around there, maybe take a $10 or so hit. Worth it in my opinion to at least try it out. You'd probably only have to sit on it for about a week at best before someone snags it from you off Reverb. Just my two cents.

Get the Rm-1n and sell it to me if you don't like it. :D

Davin Kuntze

I wouldn't worry too much about the resale value on an RM-1N. If you pay the asking $280-$300 new you'll still be able to sell it for around there, maybe take a $10 or so hit. Worth it in my opinion to at least try it out. You'd probably only have to sit on it for about a week at best before someone snags it from you off Reverb. Just my two cents.

Get the Rm-1n and sell it to me if you don't like it. :D
One small thing that concerns me is that almost all the praise for the RM-1N here on TGP seems to be coming from just two or three actual owners. I guess there aren't that many out there in the wild.

ummohyeah

One small thing that concerns me is that almost all the praise for the RM-1N here on TGP seems to be coming from just two or three actual owners. I guess there aren't that many out there in the wild.
If you're looking for a fuzzed out reverb, you might also look into the Dr. Scientist BitQuest. I have one on my board and it's pretty insane.

BTW I checked your Bandcamp, pretty cool stuff.

Davin Kuntze

If you're looking for a fuzzed out reverb, you might also look into the Dr. Scientist BitQuest. I have one on my board and it's pretty insane.

BTW I checked your Bandcamp, pretty cool stuff.
Thanks. That usually what happens at band practice when our singer can't make it. We'll just plug in all our pedals, pick a key and see what sort of noise we can create. There's a bit of mixing and editing done after the fact but a lot of it is just as it happens. In addition to the two guitars and bass, there is occasionally some background drone on those from a Casper Electronics NovaDrone which is amazing. I've spent hours with that thing at home. There is word on the street that he's concocting a second version. And his recent work with Bastl (the Bitranger) is equally awesome. My bass player picked one up recently.

Antlerface

I just plugged my Rm1n in for the first time and holy ****.

It's going to take a fair bit of tweaking to get the couple sounds I'll consistently use, but I really like the **** I'm getting out of it so far.

Out of the three I just plugged in (TWA Great Divide, RM1N, Disaster Transport Sr.) this is by far the most complex piece. Really stoked to overhaul the board and toss the Echo Degrader into the mix.

The other two pedals are really cool. Not 100% sold on the Great Divide, but I played with that the least and haven't even come close to diving into the internal trimmers and switches.

I'd already highly recommend the RM1N.

Davin Kuntze

Looks like I'll be waiting for Axe and You Shall Receive to put another one up on Reverb. I was lurking on one which doesn't turn up in a search due to a few misspellings but I can't apply my gift cards towards the purchase. Damnit ... almost pulled the trigger.

lavinci

Silver Supporting Member
I just listed my RM-1N on reverb.com..
looking to get into the Echo Degrader now...

Davin Kuntze

I just listed my RM-1N on reverb.com..
looking to get into the Echo Degrader now...
Is it the one listed in Newtown, CT? There are two up on Reverb at the moment (one is misspelled in case anyone is on the hunt like I am) but neither listing will take my Reverbucks.

raj007

Silver Supporting Member
I actually ordered the last RM1N axe had on Reverb last week haha. Go over to ilovefuzz.com ...there's an Industrialectric thread in the Shark Tank forum with a specific RM1N thread. Plenty of love over there as well.

CaptainAwesome

It definitely is a stupid username
Silver Supporting Member
What exactly are Reverbucks? By that, I mean are they like normal gift cards where the seller (merchant) is paid in cash? I guess I'm confused why sellers wouldn't accept them and/or what purpose they actually serve if you can't use them for all items sold on Reverb??

JMMP1

Silver Supporting Member
What exactly are Reverbucks? By that, I mean are they like normal gift cards where the seller (merchant) is paid in cash? I guess I'm confused why sellers wouldn't accept them and/or what purpose they actually serve if you can't use them for all items sold on Reverb??
Sellers can choose to accept paypal or Reverb direct checkout to get paid for their listings. A buyer can pay through PayPal in the direct checkout method as well (besides inputting credit card information, or using that new loan service "affirm"), but some sellers only want to go through their PayPal account so they don't have to wait for their money (I think that's the reason). Reverb gift cards/ Reverb bucks only work for sellers who accept Reverb direct checkout. This bit me earlier this week when I made an offer on an item that accepted PayPal only, and forgot to check if they accepted direct checkout.

Davin Kuntze

Yeah. I have a gift card. Reverbucks was just what I was calling it. It's not a real thing except in my head. But you have to find a seller who accepts direct checkout, not just Paypal.

Trending Topics