• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Two Notes needs 31 likes!!!!

nonconforme

Well, I hope you like those new cabinets as much as I do!!

They were captured in Montreal by sysexguy and the quality he obtained is perfectly compatible with our standards.

I'd be curious to know your favorite cabinet in this new batch!

DavidLM

I got the Torpedo PI-Free recently to try. I like it. Still investigating it, but I like it.

It's cool they are adding new cabs to the big version for free.

alp

I just bought my Torpedo C.A.B a week ago, this morning i updated the Torpedo Remote Software and added the new cabs. I didn't have much time to try all in detail but my very first impression is quite possitive. Great device, great support! One of the best investments i've done for a decade!.. Thanks a lot.

nonconforme

Thank you all for the kind words.

Toneseek i am sorry but I cannot help you on this, maybe other users have this experience (actually I know some people switched from Palmer to us). Maybe you will be more lucky by asking this on our Rig Talk Forum?

Last edited:

alp

Toneseek,

I had Behringer Ultra-G (still have), ADA Microcab II, Palmer PDI-09 (two of them), AMT CN-1(still have) as analog cab simulators. IMHO, Torpedo is hands down better than any of these in my circumstances and for my needs.

In my experience, most digital cab simulations are better than analog ones and do better filtering. If you don't need a hardware, check out software options. I also achieved very good results using Pod Farm, Amplitube, Guitar Rig just for cab simulation, a little eq and reverb with outboard preamps.

You can download and try Torpedo PI-Free from Two-Notes' web site. It's options are limited, you'll have one cab, one mic, two power amp simulations, but there are great options to tweak for your needs even just with these models. Good thing is, it is free.. bad thing is it makes you want to buy the device itself ;)

grorig

I would like to thanks Two notes and Sysexguy for this new batch of cabs. I didn't have time to work in deep with them ,but in a first listen seems to be excellent.

As a long time user of Palmer PDI 03 (and PDI 09 sometimes) I've to say that there's not comparison between Palmer-Torpedo.

Even I still believe that Palmer (PDI 03) is the best cab simulator out there,it still sounds like a "cab sim". Torpedo is the real deal and sounds like a real "alive" miced cab.

Last edited:

Titi1506

Thanks a lot for the new cabs! Great job!

Two-Notes products solved a lot of problems for me:
- Recording at 3:00 AM
- Using my 100W Metropoulos head at home
- Going to gig and jams without carrying a big and heavy amp
- Getting a great tone everywhere I play

Trending Topics