Two notes Revolt Guitar and Bass Amp Sim Preamp Pedals

TrueFifth

I think the sounds in the end of the Sweetwater vid are quite good.

The Delicious Audio clip must be the analog speaker sim.

Always-Ben

Silver Supporting Member
To be honest I've heard worse analog cab sims, but it definitely benefits from the use of an actual cab or an IR.

Could this just be used in front of a clean pedal platform amp as a three channel AIAB/monitor, and also plug into a CAb M+ for recording simaltaneouslt?

benifin

Silver Supporting Member
Mmmmmm ..... so you *cant* load any of the 10 Dyn IR's onto the unit itself (?) ...... you're stuck with just the onboard Analog Cab Sim (?)

Ben

benifin

Silver Supporting Member

OK ... that's a major bummer .... from reading the website blurb I read / thought that you could access 10 DynIR's onboard and them more via your DAW ...... that's a pretty big negative for A.I.O FRFR users .... although not an issue at all for those planning to use a real cab with it

Ben

Surprised by the analog cab sim, sounded pretty decent to me in the Delicious Audio clip and doesn't have as much of the "papery" thin mush that you normally get with analog.

Silver Supporting Member
I thought the Delicious Audio clip was disappointing. I’ve yet to hear an analog cab sim that doesn’t have a fuzzy, grating quality to it. I had hopes this DI was going to be great, but I’m eagerly waiting for more clips, maybe the Delicious Audio clip was just a bad example.

Last edited:

Silver Supporting Member
OK ... that's a major bummer .... from reading the website blurb I read / thought that you could access 10 DynIR's onboard and them more via your DAW ...... that's a pretty big negative for A.I.O FRFR users .... although not an issue at all for those planning to use a real cab with it

Ben
Just grab any of the plethora of IR loading pedals out there if this is a major deal. I don’t see why this should be a dealbreaker. It’s already a decent value at $400, you can spare $100 more for a Radar or Impulse.

gtr37

Just grab any of the plethora of IR loading pedals out there if this is a major deal. I don’t see why this should be a dealbreaker. It’s already a decent value at $400, you can spare $100 more for a Radar or Impulse.
Or something like a line6 effects or Plethora 3 will get you effects , ir loading and Midi switching
Even with just the speaker sim
I hear potential in the 3 voices
It’s not that far off the tones from something like AMPx
Which is 2000

benifin

Silver Supporting Member

Agree :) .... just seems like a big'ish oversight given all the other goodies that are there.

The really big unknown (?) - unless someone can already clarify (?) - is whether the Midi I/O will allow Midi PC and Midi CC messages to be received so that (a) you can customize each Channels Settings and its Boost and load it to the pedal and (b) will the unit store presets for each Channel so you can easily recall them with something simple and easy to use like a Morningstar MC6 along with the onboard 3 FSW's (?)

I may well be totally off-point here, but I personally cant really see the point of including a Midi I/O if it cant do the above 2 things .... but that's just my "take" :)

Ben

Silver Supporting Member
Or something like a line6 effects or Plethora 3 will get you effects , ir loading and Midi switching
Even with just the speaker sim
I hear potential in the 3 voices
It’s not that far off the tones from something like AMPx
Which is 2000
One major difference being that Two Notes know how to release a product, and we’ll have real world feedback very soon, where the AmpX just keeps having its goalposts pushed back every time there seems to be news…

petty1818

I don't know much about Analog Cab Sims but that is a bit of a bummer about having no option to upload IR cab sims. I guess one could even just get one of those TC IR loaders and use it as the cab sim.

The one thing that I don't get is the choice of putting two high gain channels on this pedal. I am not sure why they are catering to the high gain crowd? I would think that high drive Marshall channel would have been enough.

gtr37

I don't know much about Analog Cab Sims but that is a bit of a bummer about having no option to upload IR cab sims. I guess one could even just get one of those TC IR loaders and use it as the cab sim.

The one thing that I don't get is the choice of putting two high gain channels on this pedal. I am not sure why they are catering to the high gain crowd? I would think that high drive Marshall channel would have been enough.
I would not call a plexi really high gain , I mean they have the option to have a bit more gain but the Metal crowd will not be wowed but a boosted plexi

Silver Supporting Member
That sounds great with their new plug-in. I wish he demonstrated the bass revolt too.

southbeck

I thought the Delicious Audio clip was disappointing. I’ve yet to hear an analog cab sim that doesn’t have a fuzzy, grating quality to it. I had hopes this DI was going to be great, but I’m eagerly waiting for more clips, maybe the Delicious Audio clip was just a bad example.

Agreed. The other clips which I guess uses Ir;s from the plug in sounds great though.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom