Two Notes Torpedo CAB (Amp & Cabsim Stompbox)

Earl Mobile

i was curious because on the description chart it says: "guitar input - no". so i guess you have to use the "line input" on the back?

suckamc

I have the software version and it's the best cab ir product I've ever played. These hardware versions look amazing.

Gasp100

Gold Supporting Member
Would this work for direct to disk recording? I don't know if this has attenuation/dummy load that can load down a live amp head for silent recording, does it?
If not do you see issues loading down a head with a dummy load and line out/in to this box, then going straight into an audio interface?

djd100

+1 (loving the plugin and impatiently waiting for my C.A.B), plus the power amp models are outstanding as well.

I have the software version and it's the best cab ir product I've ever played. These hardware versions look amazing.

jrockbridge

I can see how the Torpedo stomp could be used with dirt pedals. Also, I assume it could work well in a chain with a tube amp + an attenuator with line out. But, is there a way to place the Torpedo stomp after a modeler?

djd100

Sure, a Modeler, or Tube Preamp etc, exactly what the Torpedos are designed for, though you might want to put it in the Modeler's FX Loop if it has one (and turn off it's power amp sims if using the C.A.B's)?

The C.A.B. has both guitar level I/O for use with typical pedalboards, and Line Level I/O for use with higher level gear.

I can see how the Torpedo stomp could be used with dirt pedals. Also, I assume it could work well in a chain with a tube amp + an attenuator with line out. But, is there a way to place the Torpedo stomp after a modeler?

sysexguy

We're at Messe 4.0 between Fender and Vintage right across from our good friends at Elmwood, Lundgren and True Temperament.

We have 2 demo stations, one with an Elmwood M60 into a Live and the other with some handbuilt overdrives from France into the CAB direct to headphones or the Adam studio monitors. Several mags have been by filming and doing interviews so we hope to post links shortly.

Everyone's welcome to by and say hi.....and try and catch Tommy Delander playing with Toto's Booby Kimball and an all star band in the tent outside (nothing to do with Two Notes except that we love great guitarists)

Andy

AndrewSimon

+1

Two days ago I downloaded the full version demo.... all I can say is fantastic.
I wasn't impressed with the free version..... so if you are like me, try the demo!

:eeks

disfrontman

So the Torpedo CAB pedal is mono in/mono out? To be placed BEFORE any stereo FX in the signal chain? Do I have that right?

Does the pedal have functionality for more than one IR at a time, or can I blend two or more IRs?

I've been waiting a long time for decent DAW-quality cab emulation IRs to come to the pedalboard world instead of being locked into the simple proprietary cab emulations offered by Boss, Line 6, Digitech, et. al.

Good mic/cab/room IRs are about 80% of what makes a digital guitar tone sound realistic, so this product should be a home run if it's road-worthy.

nonconforme

ok, i am ready to place my order. is the unit avalible in germany already?
2 weeks maximum. ;)

About Germany, I just learnt that Victor Smolski used a VB-101 on the latest Rage album, ENGL made a nice video (alternatively camera sound from the studio monitors and direct sound in the mix) :

So the Torpedo CAB pedal is mono in/mono out? To be placed BEFORE any stereo FX in the signal chain? Do I have that right?
Yes that is what I would recommend, so you have all your stereo effects after the miking. I would prefer to put all reverb-delay-modulation effects AFTER the power amp stage rather than in the effect loop, you can do that with the C.A.B. and all our other products.

Does the pedal have functionality for more than one IR at a time, or can I blend two or more IRs?
Only 1 IR at a time on the Live and C.A.B., but as you have a lot of different cab/mics combinations and 20 000 microphone positions, be sure you'll find something satisfying.

if it's road-worthy
We already have lots of units touring right now of the previous products, now the Torpedo Live starts touring as well, be assure the same quality control is applied to the C.A.B. ;)

disfrontman

Forgive me if these questions are rudimentary.

If I owned the Redwirez BigBox IR suite, will I be able to use those IRs in the CAB? Will they be modified or truncated in any way?

For US$550, the CAB looks like a home run if I can use my favorite IRs in it and it can take road abuse.

nonconforme

Check the TORPEDO Live manual, the IRs are slightly modified to match the TORPEDO internal format. If you have some 3rd party IR I see no reason why they wouldn't be as good on the C.A.B., we took enough time to be sure of that.

robertkoa

interesting. still pretty pricey though...
Yeah- is that like $900. dollars ?

Still if it sounds awesome and you can run a Tube Preamp into it OR use a cheap loadbox on an Amp and it works well- .....

It,s an expensive solution to a problem or a mobile Studio Rig that does NOT require computer Cab IRs- I'm not real crazy about having a Computer being part of my signal chain- even in the Studio- of course the DAW is going to be Computer- but you know what I mean.......

robertkoa

We also have the Torpedo Live ($995) which combines a 100W reactive loadbox with the Torpedo process (32 cabinets, 8 mics and 512 User or third party IR's). Basically, take the CAB pedal, add the loadbox and a digital output in a shallow depth single rack space unit.

The Torpedo Live lands very soon. Both units also have optional power amp modeling which means that combined with one's favorite tube pre-amp pedal or rackmount, one has a super portable, awesome sounding rig. We have some new files coming both on sound cloud and youtube.

Two Notes now has a chart which helps compare the various units to help find the right one for you http://www.two-notes.com/en/hardware/torpedo-cab/#compare

Andy
Cool- so the Torpedo Live with the Loadbox is $995. but possibly with just a good Guitar Tube Preamp we could use the Pedal Version ( price in Dollars ? ) with

the Power Amp Sim and get similar results for recording or live PA Feed ?

I'm also curious if with the Loadbox- when you turn the Master up on most Amps can you hear the Power Amp compression and "sag " in the line signal?- I like this effect and would be great to get it without the Volume!

Also -I would like to see some demos with clean and Plexi and medium type singing gain- not just the Metal High Gain stuff- Thanks.

Last edited: