• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Two (or is that too) much DGT action!

Mike Duncan

Staff member

I've found that the DGT is hands down my favorite production instrument I've come across, I just had to get another!

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Love that one-piece top Mike! Only wish I would have jumped on it first when I saw it! BTW....do they sound exactly alike, or are there subtle differences?

Mike Duncan

Staff member
The goldtop is darker - not in a bad way, just a wee bit. The tobacco sunburst is tangy and zippy in both full humbucker mode and with the coil taps engaged.

The goldtop is a tad heavier than the other. They're both done so well and sound so fantastic. I can't say enough positive things about the DGT! PRS really did this guitar right!

GuitarNorton

Norton - this is best production guitar I've played and/owned in 25 years of plucking away. The DGT covers a lot of ground in one nicely balanced instrument. Coil taps bring you from PAF land into Tele/Strat world. It's not 100% on sounding like a Strat or Tele, but it covers the tones well. I've bee a life long Strat player and have tried about 15 PRS guitars over the years - and these two are all of the PRS world that suit my style of playing, the tone that I hear in my head, and feel of the instrument.

The honeymoon is over and I'm still happy as a clam with the DGT - hence the purchase of guitar number two!

I copied and pasted this reply in from the other thread on show your guitar, hope you don't mind as it seems more approiate here.

I've always played humbucker gibson scale guitars and never bonded with strats but looking for a single coil sound and trem guitar. The DGT seems like what I'm looking for. Sounds good on the video on PRS site.
The neck is different from PRS other models to isn't it?
Was all set to get a gold top but really like that one piece top on the burst. Is the one peice top a special order?

Trending Topics