Two Q's for Klon Users...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Goodwood Audio, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Goodwood Audio

Goodwood Audio Member

I'm in the middle of putting some stuff together and I need some advice on whether the Klon is going to do what I want.
    I'm going to be running an 8 loop true bypass thingy.
    #1. Fuzz
    #2. Compression
    #3. Timmy
    #4. EGDM
    #5. Mo'D
    #6. Analog Delay
    #7. Digital Delay
    #8. Trem

In between #5 and #6 will be an insert loop for a buffered boost. Reason being that when it's off I want to be able to utilise the buffer to keep my signal nice and sweet heading to the amp.

So keeping that in mind and also the 3 OD's I'll be using,
    1. How many of you use the Klon for a clean (or slightly gritty) boost?
    Will it work with the OD's I have?
    2. How many of you use the Klon at the end of your OD chain to utilise it's buffer?

I'm also looking at the Cusack More Louder. It's a clean boost that's switchable between TB and Buffered and it's tiny.
    http://cusackmusic.com/?page=details&type=Products&item=More Louder

Thanks.

2. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

1: It is awesome and excells as a clean or gritty boost.

2: I LOVED the klon at the end allthough Ive seen quite a few here lately on guys boards pushing other OD's. I thought the buffer livened up the pedals "before" it and that was more obvious to me at the end for some reason.

Those are killer pedals and will do great with the klon. Match made in heaven. I also know that a cot50 and Eternity do very nicely with it. Dont know about the Cusack but... I dont hear alot of chat about it and Im sure the klon is a upgrade.. but the price reflects too.

Good luck!

3. Goodwood Audio

Goodwood Audio Member

hmmmmmmm. Your experience seems to reflect what I thought might be the case.
    Would still like to hear from other Klon users.

Cheers.

4. celestion101

celestion101 Silver Supporting Member

Guitar>Klon> rest of chain going from low to high gain, then timing effects, then tuner to amp. I also run the Klon into the loop of a NS-2 Noise Suppressor, technically it is first. Keeps the whole chain quite, even with tele's. Enjoy! Rick

5. m@2

m@2 Member

i do

6. Goodwood Audio

Goodwood Audio Member

How does your clean signal sound post Klon Buffer?
    Does the Buffer mess with the sound of OD/Dist pedals before it?

7. TCauble

TCauble Member

I use my Klon after my Eternity and Timmy. It goes Eternity - Timmy - Klon. I use it as more of a clean/slightly gritty boost at the end of the OD chain. I love it for what it does. Wont ever leave my board.

8. Goodwood Audio

Goodwood Audio Member

^^^^^^
    what time is it in Texas right now?

9. thisfire

thisfire Supporting Member

I owned and sold a Klon and found it to be quite the opposite of gritty...smooth and barky/heavy mids, if anything. If you're looking for a treble booster/Zvex Super Duper grit boost, the Klon might not be exactly what you want. Awesome pedal, but IMO if you want to get the most out of it, it should definitely interact much more with your amp than with other pedals.

10. blueprint

blueprint Member

My chain is:
    comp
    treble boost
    wah
    fuzz
    klon
    vibe
    delay
    amp
    I use the klon as a boost with very slight dirt, controls at 8, 12 and 12o'clock.
    I get most of my dirty tones with the amp itself, a Reinhardt 18 watts. I just push it with either the treble booster or the klon, the fuzz being there in order to get...fuzzy tones!
    As a buffer, it's very good.
    As a boost with or without a touch of od, it's also a very nice pedal. It does the work well, and adds some mids which makes your guitar cut through in the mix.
    I had both a Mo'D and a Timmy, and stacking them with the klon wasn't a problem as long as the klon was after in the chain. Maybe the Mo'D will be a bit "wild" in this case, but it's up to your taste.
    Hope this helped!

11. Goodwood Audio

Goodwood Audio Member

Indeed it did.
    Thank you.